Posts by monizcel

You can go to McCall's which is in Etobicoke.3810 Bloor Street WestEtobicoke, ON M9B 6C2,http://www.mccalls-cakes.com/
I want to make this recipe (best one ever!) into a sheet cake. Since it normally makes 2 10" pans would one recipe fit into a 9x13 sheet cake pan or do I need to double the recipe?If you are making this cake in rounds, what icing do you put under it so that when you pour the ganache it is nice and smooth...I don't want to overwhelm the lovely cake flavours.
Bump
I think you can do it with pound cake but you would use a 'light coloured' pop like Sprite or Mountain Dew.
Wilton has fondant rollers and cutterswww.wilton.comCountry Kitchen SweetArt also has these itemshttp://countrykitchensa.com/Index.aspx
Chocolate ganache would work well. It can be out for an extended period of time.
Just wanted to let everyone know that I tried the Epicurious Double Layer Cake recipe as cupcakes this morning and they were fabulous!!! I used 3 oz of Scharffen Berger Semi Sweet Dark Chocolate (60% cocoa) and Ghiradelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powderfor the cake recipe and Trader Joe's Tahitian Vanilla Extract.The recipe made 43 cupcakes (nicely domed). I baked at 350 C for 15 minutes. The cupcakes were fabulous and the ganache recipe (see recipe) was also great.This is...
I have to bake 24 cupcakes and an additional birthday cake for Wednesday.Can I bake tomorrow afternoon (Sunday), decorate on Monday evening and serve Wednesday or will that be too long?I'll be making a scratch cake (Double chocolate layer cake from Epicurious) with Ganache Icing.Thanks!
The recipe says to use unsweetened cocoa (not dutch process). I saw a post on here that says someone used Valronha (not sure if that was for the cocoa or the chocolate part).Valronha is dutch processed, however I have some of this at home right now and would like to try it in a recipe.Has anyone used a dutch processed cocoa in this recipe and did it turn out okay?I also have Hershey's cocoa so in a pinch if I cannot find a higher quality cocoa I will use the...
I have been reading another thread on CC about this recipe.It calls for unsweetened cocoa (not Dutch Processed). Which cocoa powder did you use if you have made this recipe.I know that Hershey's is okay (not Dutch Process) but have you used a higher quality chocolate?