Posts by monizcel

I want an easy chocolate frosting/buttercream recipe that does not use shortening that can provide good coverage for a filled 2 layer cake. I do not need to be able to decorate with the frosting, just cover a cake properly with it.Thanks!Celine
bump...any other suggestions. I'm making the cake on Friday.Thanks in Advance.
bump...any other suggestions?
I am planning on making a lemon cake with dream whip frosting (I will not have my regular supplies to make a BC).Has anyone made up Dream Whip not Cool Whip and then folded in lemon curd to the Dream Whip and used that as a frosting.I have a recipe for Dream Whip with Jello Pudding Mix (I do have lemon pudding mix available) but I will also have lemon curd and I thought this would be a nice flavour/way to finish off the lemon curd once the cake is filled.Thanks for your help.
I want to make a lemon cake filled with raspberry jam/filling in June. I am going to do a trial run this weekend to check out he flavours/items I need etc. (I live in Boston and will be making the cake in Toronto).I need an easy frosting as I won't have all my equipment and supplies with me to make my standard buttercream. Could I mix lemon pie filling with Dream Whip/whipping cream and use that as a frosting? I'm not keen on using cool whip as a base although that is...
bump
bump
bump
Does anyone have a good swiss meringue bc recipe? One that preferably does not use a candy thermometer?I've never tried SMBC before but would like to try out some new recipes.
Does anyone have a good buttercream recipe that does not use shortening but sets up fairly well? I know an all buttercream recipe will not hold as well as one with shortening but this is for hobby use only and I want to try out new recipes.I am also going to try out a SMBC recipe once I get a candy thermometer.TIA