Posts by monizcel

Going to try it this morning. I will report back.
How long can you refrigerate cake batter for? I want to leave it in the mixing bowl in the fridge for up to 3-4 days max and then pour into cupcake pans. I do not have space in my freezer to freeze the batter in the cupcake tins up front.Thank youCeline
I second the Hershey Cocoa Frosting Recipe. I made it a few weeks ago and it wins hands down for best chocolate frosting so far
Beautiful cake
bump
bump
Hi Everyone,Does anyone have this book and could they PM/email the directions for the Chocolate Box Cake (picture on the front of the book)?I want to make this cake for my hubby's 35th birthday. We have had a rough year (we lost twins at 24 weeks back in April) and I didn't get a chance to make his cake last year because I was undergoing medical tests).So I want this one to be special.You can either PM me or email me at monizcel@gmail.comThank you Celine
You have to cool the cupcakes before filling them. Flat or slightly rounded is better than too domed when you are trying to frost the top of the cupcakes.
I'm planning on making an apple cake with carmel frosting from Epicurious.Instead of making an 8 inch cake I want to make a 6 inch cake with cupcakes to use up the extra batter. Is any cake batter interchangeable between cake layers and cupcakes?Thanks!
If I make a mousse that is based on whipping cream I know that the cake has to be refrigerated overnight. However, how long is it safe to keep the cake out of the fridge before serving/eating.I know that the cake should probably should come to room temperature before serving but what timeline would be food safe?This is a cake for work so I'm wondering if the cake goes to work at 7 am if it would be okay to serve around 1:30 pm or so? Or if I should refrigerate the call...