Posts by JaneK

I did one a few months ago too!! They are such fun! In this case only the mom/dad knew and it was a way of announcing it to the family..the inside of the cake was pink..was a girl but they wanted the outside to look gender neutral..Here is my cakehttp://cakecentral.com/gallery/1940888
I covered my sister's wedding cake in white chocolate ganached under the fondant and I had to use a ratio of 4:1 It was not too hard when set..the knife went through just fine and the taste is soo great.
I recently took my sister's wedding cake on the plane (checked luggage) and brought the topper on the plane with me.I froze the cakes, packed them back into their pans..made foamcore lids for the top of the cakepans and taped them on with duct tape. The morning of the flight I packed them in my suitcase in those insulated grocery bags and then wrapped them up in towels and they made it through the flight fine..no probs! I took the topper wrapped in bubble wrap and foam in...
I made 2 wedding cakes recently..and the flavours were popular for both!The dinosaur wedding cake was chocolate and banana with chocolate swiss meringue buttercream filling..covered in white chocolate ganache..delishMy sister's wedding cake a few weeks ago was lemon sour cream and raspberry chambord cakes with matching swiss meringue buttercream and also covered in white chocolate ganacheThe flavours tasted great..my fav was the lemon and raspberry combo..great for summer
would need to know how big each of the tiers are..6-9-12-15" or?
In October I carried a cake and had a repair kit in my carry on luggage which included a metal icing tip and some fondant too..it was from Canada to the USA and although it took me a long time in customs because they wanted to know how I made the running shoes..all went well! I think you should be fine
A doggy dish is cute..there are lots of pictures of those!Maybe just a cake with paw prints around it and a little modeled dog on the top..Good luck!
I am not sure if this is posted anyplace but I wanted to share this trick I discovered.You can clean display cakes really well with the "duster" that you get in a can for cleaning electronics. I think you might be able to get it at Staples and I only know electronic places but maybe Best Buy might have it.I keep a display cake in my office (for sanity's sake) at my tech job..I noticed it as really dusty and gross looking so I took some duster and just dusted it off and...
I'd use Pearl Luster Dust applied with a large dry brush..it looks exactly like satin..I use it commonly on my cake ribbons, baby shoes etc...
I made one quite a while ago..I think the instructions were from Confetti cakes and I used cake...use foamcore for the base..and carve it to the shape of the bottle size you want...then slowly not taking too much at a time, carve a filled and very cold rectangle into the shape of the bottle.Make the neck of the bottle thinner than you would normally..that goes for the entire bottle because once you get the fondant on, it'll be much fatter looking.I painted the fondant...