Posts by ljdills

If you go to Wilton's site you can access patterns from any of their yearbooks.  On the main page go to "Learn" and then on the drop down screen under "Decorating" you'll see a tab for patterns.
Anyone ?  
I generally freeze my cakes after baking for easier carving and crumb coating.  I need to decorate a cake on Thursday for Monday because I am going out of town for the weekend.  Can I freeze the cake, carve, decorate & refreeze ?  or will refreezing hurt the integrity of the cake ?  I would really appreciate any advice or experiences ya'll have with this.  Thanks in advance !
I have a quick question about freezing a decorated cake...  I generally freeze my cakes to make them easier to carve, I have a scheduling conflict and need to carve a cake, decorate & then refreeze.  Is that possible or will it hurt the cake to refreeze ?
I live in a small town and I swear every other person is in the "cake business".  People think because they've taken a couple of Wilton classes at Michaels or because they have mastered the star tip, that they are ready to sell cakes.  They do it as a "side" business and they kill the market and destroy the integrity of the business because they promise cakes they can't deliver.  I recently was contacted by a bride looking for a 4 tiered cake for 225+ people.  It was all...
Go to galleries home and over to the side is a tab to upload photos or all of your photos.  Just click it.
I was just thinking the same thing.  There is like 1 post and then 20 spam ads, then another post and 15 more spam ads.  It is ridiculous !
I am not a fan of the "naked" wedding cake.
ajermakow05 I personally would not keep a cake for a customer on the counter or in the refrigerator for 5 days.  Even with a good crumb coat after 5 days the cake will lose its freshness.  I have baked cakes for my family and it has taken us a few days to eat the whole cake but even in those cases I throw them out after 5 - 7 days.
dodibug I am so sorry about your loss.  I, too, collect cookbooks and about 8 years ago our home burned and we lost everything.  I had started my collection as a very young girl and there were lots of hand written notes from my grandmother, mother & myself.  I have enjoyed rebuilding my collection and hope it is something someday I can pass on to my daughter.  It's little things that you don't think about when it happens and then months or sometimes years later you'll...