Posts by kmurph

Thank you all! Mermaid- I never thought about searching for knitting theme cake! Brilliant!! Coke and Secret- great ideas- they would be cute! Savannah- oh gosh- I have never attempted that... Too scared!! and yes- my house is littered with rubber bands too!! I thought about making the rubber bands out of fondant. Am I nuts?!?
Thank you! I had to remake the whole batch. 2nd one was great!
Hello, My 8 year old daughter is having a "Rainbow Loom" bracelet making party for her 8th birthday. I am tring to come up with a cupcake design. Been searching online, but have not found any ideas. I could do a cake if I feel in love with an idea. Has anyone seen a cake or cupcake like this yet? The hard part is that her birthday theme last year happened to be "rainbows" so I made her a tiered ruffled rainbow cake, otherwise I would just do that! Thanks everyone! -Short
I just made a Vanilla Buttercream from America's Test Kitchen which I have made before and I love it. Unfortunately, this time- I forgot to add the 1/2 tsp salt to the recipe when the sugar mixture was still warm enough for it to work through.   My butter cream is SUPER salty- you can really taste it.  Any suggestions on how to fix it? I searched the forums and tried one suggestion which was to make my second batch (I was going to need 2 anyway) and make it without...
The same thing happened to me today! 12 inch layer cracked as I was moving it to wrap it and put in the refrigerator. Good idea to save it for Cale Pops. I assume I can just freeze the broken layer until I am ready to make pops!?
THANK YOU! I didn't even think about using the WASC with a chocolate cake mix. I just printed the recipe and will now cross my fingers that I have enough sour cream. Sure don't feel like going to the store... again!Thanks again!-Kerry
Hello everyone-I am about to make a 3 tiered cake that will be decorated with buttercream "ruffles." I am wondering if the recipe from Hello, Cupcake to doctor up a box mix would be strong enough to hold the tier.1 box of cake mix 1 cup of buttermilk in place of watersame amount of oil4 eggs, in place of the amount called for on the boxI was going to try the WASC recipe today- but I need to make chocolate cake. What do you all think? Thanks so much for sharing your...
hello- I hope someone can help me!I am making a golf themed cake and planned to add golf balls made out of candy melts. My Premium white candy melts from Wilton are so discolored they look like cream or light beige. Not white at all!I was expecting bright white... is this they way the white usually looks- or did I get a bad bag? Maybe I am supposed to add coloring to it? Thanks so much!
I was about to bake my mother in laws bday cake- (in the hour window I have while my baby is napping!) only to find that my 9x13 pans are RUSTED on the inside! Clearly I put them away last time before they were dry!I already scrubbed them and used the Bon Ami type cleaner- but you can still see the outline of the rust stains.I bought these a long time ago- before the baking started... so I don't think they are an expensive pan!Are they doomed to be tossed? Please...
help!!this is my 2nd attempt at trying to bake in the wilton 3d house pan.the first time I filled the pan too high- and it over flowed, made a burnt mess in my oven, and I had to just stop. (i didn't want the smoke alarm to wake my baby!)anyway- today- I made the white cake recipe from this website and filled it up according to the directions. It is STILL overflowing, taking forever (45 min +) to bake... and the center of the cake sunk in when I tested it with a wooden...