Posts by GrandmaSweetiePie

Thank you so much; I never thought about that. I will try your suggestion.
I ordered gum paste flower, they came with the wires wrapped in aluminum foil. Can they be inserted in the cake if they are covered in foil?
I have a customer who wants a wedding cake with the Wilton Ruffle border. I bought a 16" board for a 12x3 cake;14" for the 10x3 cake; 10" for the 6x3 cake. After receiveing my order I was wondering if these boards are to large. I am going to use the Wilton 3 tier cake stand.Thanks.
Just about all of my cake pictures are gone!
I, also, like your cake!
I can top that one, a relative askd to borrow my Kitchen Aid Mixer. She even had the nerve to get mad when I just looked at her.
I can top that one, a relative askd to borrow my Kitchen Aid Mixer. She even had the nerve to get mad when I just looked at her.
I would have charged $65.00 for that cake.
Thanks for your advice. My cousin is getting married, she wanted me to make her cake but the venue said she couldn't bring in a cake. So, she asked me to make it using the dummys. The cake will be transported and she wants to keep it. Will they stay stacked without moving?
I have read quite a few articles from the Forum. But, this will be my first time covering a cake dummy. I want to be sure I am covering them correctly. I have to cover a square cake; should I first cover it with buttercream or would covering with crisco but be ok. I am going to be using fondant. Should I put each square on a board the same as if I was using a regular cake? (I forgot, it is going to be 4 tiers.) Are they going to stay put with just using buttercream...