Posts by knel

Lovin' the cocoa Santa heads!! Can you tell me what is in them? Thanks!"White Trash" would make a great layered jar, too. If anyone is interested, I'll try to find that recipe and post it. (I haven't made it in a while. ) It is wonderful!!!
Had some PMs for the hot cocoa recipe I used for gifts. I thought I'd just post it here. Sorry it took me so long! I had to find it!!! 6 1/2 cups powdered milk1 (5 oz) package of non-instant chocolate pudding mix (I use Jello's cook-n-serve)1 cup powdered chocolate drink mix (I use Nestle Quick)1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer1/2 cup conf. sugar1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powderCombine all ingredients. Dissolve 1/3 cup cocoa mix in 1 cup of boiling water. This is...
I was just talking to my hubby at dinner tonight about this very topic!!! I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread! I was thinking about doing 5 cupcakes, and arranging them in a circle and decorating them like a wreath of holly leaves and red berries. I was going to make a little fondant bow to put at the bottom. Most everyone on my street has between 1-3 kids, so 5 cupcakes would cover everyone in the household. It would be fairly easy and inexpensive to do... You all...
I have a request for a Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse cake for a friend of mine. She is expecting about 20 guests. If I did a 10 inch round for the face and 6 inch rounds for the ears (x2), do you think that would be enough cake to serve everyone? Thanks for your advice!
I have actually taken the really BIG icer tip and done stripes of icing around my cake to cover it, and then taken a paintbrush and putting brush strokes back into it. You can easily blend colors in. I did my deer head cakes using this method, and I was pleased with how they turned out. It gave a smoother, shorter hair appearance. They are in my photos if you are interested in seeing them. Good luck!
How do you keep them from drooping? I've made roses from tootsie rolls, and the droop over and flatten some. Yours look fantastic.
Does it have to be the dog? I did Blue's Clues for my daughter's 2nd birthday. It was 3 tiered with fondant sculpted figures on the back, and the front looked like Blue's house.Here is the link if you are interested in seeing it. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1195943.html The front side is in my photos. Good luck with your cake! Blue rules!
Thanks, that is the very reason why I did RKT. It was a heavier spout to begin with, and the RKT worked perfectly. It traveled an hour or so, and never budged. I did stick a cookie stick down through the spout into the cake.
I actually just did one of these about a month ago. I used a small oven safe bowl for the top and a 6" bottom. The lid and spout were made from RKT. The handle was fondant. There is a pic of in my photos, if you are interested in seeing it. Good luck!
Oh wow, what an opportunity to be blessed and to bless others with your gifted hands! Read that statement of yours again, and believe it.... God will not give you more than you can handle!!!!! He doesn't call you to be equipped, but He equips those He calls... even in cake business.... best wishes!