Posts by HunBun

I've only made them once, but I was very happy with the way they turned out. I had read some instructions (very similar to the ones on CC) that used the heart cutter, but I just didn't get it so I used a knife and cut shapes similar to a leaf. I wanted the calla lilies to look somewhat natural so I was glad each one was a little different. Unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to write down everything I did so if you have any specific questions, I will try my best...
Nati, it was so good to see your name today. You are so generous with your knowledge, and your tutorials are awesome. Thanks for the recipe update.
I can imagine how frustrated you are, but maybe if you show us pictures of the cakes we can make you feel a tiny bit better. Also, I'm already envious of you for making THREE cakes that you feel very good about. To me that is a huge accomplishment!
I can't guarantee that this will work for everyone, but when I made the stamens for the calla lilies in my bridal dress cake, I mixed some meringue powder (quite a bit) into my MMF. When they were completely dried I tasted one out of curiosity and almost broke a tooth. So if you have trouble finding gumpaste, you could try it. However, it did dry out VERY quickly (hard to work with) so I only made a little at a time.
The cake is too cute! And the story behind it is even cuter. Thanks for sharing such a nice experience!
I LOVE IT!! That was hilarious!
Thanks for sharing Theresa!
I LOVE it! I wish I could have watched it being made - I'm sure I would have learned some things.
I'm not the most experienced baker but I just made a chocolate cake with buttermilk and it turned out very good. I have made chocolate cakes in the past that did what you described and I think I overcooked them. I don't have an oven thermometer, but lately I've been setting my oven to 25 degrees lower than what is called for. Towards the end of cooking time I check the middle of the cake with a toothpick. AS SOON as the toothpick is clean I take it out. Sometimes it...
Even though I've seen your picture, I had no idea how young you are. Anyway, I learned so much from watching the video - I kept thinking "Aha!" while watching it.You're awesome, girl!