Posts by chachagyrl22

That happened to me too! I think I over filled the pans. I tried the same recipe with cupcakes and they were awesome.
When I bake the box cakes they turn out fine. This is the first scratch cake that I have tried and it didnt go well. Thanks for the replies. I have read many different articles about high altitude baking and your input really helps.
I think I forgot to add the vinegar. I I'll try it again with less food coloring. I was told that not all recipes need to be ajusted for high elevation, so I was at a loss but now that you pointed that out, I think I did forget that step. Thanks again for your help.
Hi I recently tried Cakeman Ravens Red Velvet Cake and it was not good. The cake sunk in the middle and was dense. It also had a bitter taste to it. I think I may have added too much red food coloring but the recipe called for 2 tablespoons. I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem? This is my first scratch cake and Im baking at 7000 feet, so I know that has something to do with it. I just dont know how to fix it. Any thoughts?   Thanks!
Bluehue When someone comes to the business forum and asks "how much for...?" If the person is illegal, the answer is, zero. That is why it is to be expected to be asked.
I am also curious to see an example link of a non business related thread where people have asked about licensing and insurance. I have been a lurker on here for years. I know that people are asked about licensing allot when they are in the business forum asking a pricing question, but that is to be expected. I just dont see it on other forums the way it is being decribed here.
Thank you for your reply. This is the second time that I have worked with edible images and both of them were dry and brittle, not flexible at all. I purchased them from a local cake supply shop in my area. Again, thanks your information was helpful.
I purchased an edible image to put on some cookies. The image is hard and does not "melt into the frosting. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to correct this? I have never worked with edible images before but I know it shouldn't be a stiff piece of sugar on a cake or cookie with an image on it? Thanks for your help.[/b][/i]
Congrats to you . I googled candy buffets and they look awesome. I was wondering if I could ask where you purchase the candy and do you let the bride pic out what kind of candy? Thanks
It always amazes me when an illegal baker comes to the business forum and asks how legal they should be. How do you think the legal bakers are going to respond? Seriously...smh