Posts by newlywedws

Are you saying you used the recipe that I submitted (Sarah's red velvet) ...but frosted it w/ cream cheese frosting - I hope not
As a lover (AND snob -don't even try to frost it w/ cream cheese) of red velvet cakes - I can answer w/ an affirmative YES it is suppose to have a chocolate flavour. Red velvet is reminiscient of a devils food cake but is a gorgeous red colour instead.Just by looking at that recipe that you originally used (and while the quantity of ingredients may be proportionate) there is too much flour in that recipe to yield a tender cake, and I'm also going to say the quantity of...
The Mary Kay Icing is not an icing that crusts.
The Mary Kay Icing is not a crusting icing.
Woo hoo - boy did they get it right...I'm a red velvet cake.Only they forgot to add in the fact that I demand perfection -down to the frosting
It may not be your fault...it might just be a bad recipe I just took a look at the recipe -first thing I noticed were the low ratings it's been given. Second thing I noticed is the use of AP flour. It's been my experience that cake flour yields a much more tender cake. Third thing I noticed - vegetable oil that seems a little odd..I myself use either butter, or shortening...but never oil straight up.Just me - I suggest the RVC recipe that I submitted...never have...
I'm w/ you on this one...you made a yellow cake -albeit a different recipe, and it didn't turn out the greatest. IMO anytime a recipe is followed exactly as written (meaning your baking powder/soda isn't expired...you've used the right ingredient, and right amounts) then you know that you're not a bad baker...you just don't have a good recipe.Quite honestly, I think you're being appropriate by offering a $10 discount off of a future cake - and instead of emailing I...
Kansaslaura - well said, well said, well said!!!!! I too love those oppurtunities to share, I've been known to drive back to a store to make things right -and I suppose it surprises many store clerks...and it's nice when you hear "Thank you for being honest..." gives a great chance to say, "well I'm a Christian it's the right thing to do, etc.,"
I must say I got a great laugh about the non-cash "refund" of the unfrosted cakes, 50lbs of frosting, and cookies...that was priceless Personally I don't believe you should have felt obligated to refund any money - and being a Christian myself, I'm also aware of the verse in the Bible that says "...the laborer is worthy of his reward..." I think that perhaps in the future, you may want to create a contract w/ big bold NO CASH refunds - for this particular instance, I...
I make mine by using 1/2 cup butter, 3 cups confectioner sugar, 4 Tbsp cocoa, and 3-4 Tbsp milk...crusts beautifully!