Posts by newlywedws

I've become snob when it comes to red velvet cake, and after trying numerous recipes (to see if they match up to my great-great-great grandma's) have decided they don't come close.Here it is. Enjoy 2 1/2 cups CAKE flour (recommend Softasilk Cake Flour brand -where available)1 1/4 tsp baking soda 1 cup butter (no substitutes...do not use margarine)2 eggs 2 bottles red food colouring -1 oz each 3 TBSP cocoa 1/2 tsp salt 1 1/2 cups sugar 1 cup buttermilk Preheat oven to 350...
Is it possible to mail a cake? If so what advice can you give me, so the cake arrives with no damage done?
I was able to download, and open the pricematrix, but being so new to this site, I'm needing a little bit of interpretation. I'm seeing stuff that indicates things like pan shape, size, cups of batter, the servings, baking temp, etc., but I guess I'm needing help interpeting exactly how the prices are figured?
My instructor said the best way to smooth BC icing, is to allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes, and when you can place your finger on it and it doesn't leave big indent, that it's ready to be smoothed. She used a piece of parchment paper, and just lightly smoothed it that way.
Betty Crocker...I find it turns out extremely light and moist.
Just wanted to say Hello. I'm new to this site, just heard about it today...and I love it -it's great (better than wilton.com)!I just started caked decorating back in July and am now enrolled in the Wilton Course II. I look forward to learning new stuff in this forum