Posts by newlywedws

How do I get royal icing to look black?
Absolutely she should be refunded money for the mess up, as well as given a free anniversary cake. It sounds like the cake decorator was a bit pre-occupied and not focusing on the job at hand.
I agree...please use another cake recipe if you plan on using a cream cheese frosting.
I prefer using Watkins...they just seem to have superior products.
It's so refreshing to hear from brides who appreciate the hardwork that goes into creating their wedding cake...those brides are rare, and you kinda want to find out their b-day and make them a cookie bouquet or something...I agree, you did a fantastic job on the cake!
I like reenie's crusting buttercream (found in the cc recipe section) - this recipe works...even w/ the new crisco!
Unfortunately, I don't know that it would turn out. Buttermilk is usually an "essential" ingredient when making an RVC.
Unfortunately, I don't know that it would turn out. Buttermilk is usually an "essential" ingredient when making an RVC.
You could sprinkle reese pb chips on top of them, and then do some mini marshmellows on top. Sprinkle some coconut, chocolate chips, pecans on top, and then drizzle some caramel on top.You might even boost the nutritional value by creating a "science experiment"... Take a can of black beans (don't drain them), puree the black beans in a blender, then add the puree mixture to the dry brownie mix...nothing else - and bake as usual, tastewise you won't even KNOW the difference
A cookie sheet can't be used interchangeably as a jelly roll pan. A jelly roll pan has a raised edge normally about 1" high so the batter can bake and rise w/o overflowing