Posts by Maddax

Bless your heart for sharing your Grandmothers recipe. I was just about to ask for it when I read your other thread. You're really lucky to have a Grandma who can pass this delightful information down to you. Wish I did. Thanks again.
I made a really simple one last year for my sisters boy scouts party. Nothing compared to some of the beautiful cakes on here but it was my first time ever doing one. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=79932
I've only tried Penny's recipe. But must say I love it. It was easy to make and didn't spread much or puff up. Might have to give the other ones a try soon.
You are a cake goddess thats for sure. You make it look so easy. Thanks for sharing.
Nope anyone can join now. I love it. Been in contact with tons of people I went to school with and lots of old friends. I'll be checking out your group for sure.
I made some cookies covered in white mmf a few days ago. Then I painted them with food colouring paste mixed with vodka, but they stayed sticky. What am I doing wrong?
Ok, this is definitely not what it is, since I doubt they make cookie cutters for it. But when I first saw the pic, I thought someone could make mooning cookies out of it. Like if someone was just starting to pull their pants down to moon you. LOL. I know that sounds weird but thats the first thing that popped into my head. Sorry.
Took me a while to figure this out too. Don't ya just love how helpful and nice everyone is around here.
I have used dental floss to level, split and cut cakes. That was before my sister was nice enough to buy me a leveler. And I've made my own decorating edge, from an old pop bottle. Something like a decorating triangle.
I made a batch like this one tonight. Only mine was with cornstarch instead of flour, and used half butter, half shortening. It was very tasty but kinda greasy feeling in your mouth. Next time I'm gonna try all butter. I didn't even think that this could not be coloured. Thanks for the info.