Posts by clovely

last one
another picture....
Repaired the shoes (both broke!) with royal and there it goes. She just picked it up. This cake annoyed me from the beginning, long story....I just don't really like this lady - I love the birthday girl, though, so I did it all for her. Wonder what she'll think when she gets to her surprise party in a couple hours and sees the cake she told me months ago she wanted and finds out I wasn't invited by her other snooty friends to the party! Ugh....whatever...just a...
I swear by my grandma's recipe! 1c butter1 1/2 c sugar2 eggs1/4 c red food coloing (2 oz I think)2 tsp cocoa1 c buttermilk1 tsp vanilla2 1/2 c flour1 tsp vinegar1 tsp baking sodaPreheat to 350. Grease pans. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Mix food coloring and cocoa. Add sugar. Add buttermilk and vanilla alternatively with flour and salt. Mix vinegar and soda, add to butter. Pour into pans. Bake 35 minutes.Basic, unpretentious recipe...not...
Back online at least! Try the photo now...
How can I save this? EVERYTHING has gone wrong on the last three cakes I've done. I just want this one to be OVER and I'm taking a LONG break. But I can't redo this shoe! Omg. I've also got part of the form STUCK to the bottom of the other shoe. That's how this one broke - how am I supposed to get that off?...of course I can't add a photo because I'm on my phone...computer won't even work. So mad right now! Suffice it to say it's a gumpaste shoe in three pieces!!!
This is what I came up with . The dry ice didn't smoke as much as I'd hoped and didn't get the sparklers to put in the twizzlers but the slime worked and the cookie tie in worked. It was fun.
I need to have green slime spilling out of a test tube and down the side of a cake for a mad science party. I have a recipe that is sweetened condensed milk and cornstarch that I'm sure will work fine. But I was hoping for something shiney or translucent - like piping gel-ish. Does anyone have any suggestions. I've made my own piping gel before and it worked great but I don't think was thick enough for this.
LOL, ask your son what the simple helix thing is that I saw on a cake picture somewhere (but can't find now) - like gumballs attached to toothpics...looking for pictures to see what that is exactly to think about making one, my search just comes up with DNA helixes (helices?) so I'm thinking that what I saw is something different. Maybe it was some kind of chemistry compound model....? Obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about!
Thanks for the ideas! Those cookies are cute!! I went crazy buying candy today. I have a few small beakers and test tubes but my friend is looking for one larger beaker to be a focal point. If she finds one, I would like to use the cookies for that - maybe fill it with pudding, break a few cookies on top of the pudding, and then have mini chips ahoy exploding out of the beaker. I bought florist wire I'll try to attach to the cookies and have them shooting out. Maybe...