Posts by gabesmom

Interesting. I'll have to try that. Thank you.
Hi!!If you watch Ace of Cakes, I'm sure you'll know what I'm talking about.... On Duff's cakes, he usually adds the wire jewel ornaments and I absolutely love them, but I can't seem to find them anywhere Does anyone know what kind of wire is used? Where can I get it (store, website, etc.)? Does it come already shaped? Any information you can provide on this "mystery wire" would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Happy Cake Decorating!!!!
Minimum.... $200.00. Awesome cake... good luck.
thank you all for your help.... here's how if fixed the problem:I "shaved" the poured fondant glaze off the sides and then covered the whole cake in buttercream stars. It's not how I pictured the cake, but at the last minute.... it all came together.Boy, cake decorating is a stressful job! .... but i love it.thanks to all again!!!
i did the poured fondant on the cake b/c i wasn't too confident with covering the carved odd shaped cake with fondant. i figured the poured fondant would work best.... i guess i was wrong. Knox..... thanks. Everyone, THANK YOU!
knox, really!!!??? the buttercream would stay?this is great, thanks so much!!!!
great, all great ideas. unfortunately carflea, poured fondant on a cake is like glaze on a donut. i will try some piping on the back of the cake.... if it doesn't hold.... i'll give it a shave. thanks!!!!!!
all excellent ideas.... thank you. i think carving it again will probably work the best. thank you!!!anymore ideas?
the thing is, i started off with a 12x 18 sheet cake... i carved it and now it is smaller. if i cut it some more.... it will be even smaller. BUT, I DON'T HAVE TO CUT IT TOO MUCH, i could just give it a "shaving." i didn't think of that. thanks.have you worked with poured fondant before? do you know if the buttercream will slip off?
Maybe i being a bit over dramatic, and for that i am sorry , but i truly do need help.here's the thing....i have an order due tomorrow (sat.) of the wiggles logo. i carved my cake, gave it a buttercream coating and stuck it in the fridge for a bit. then i covered it in Poured Fondant. BUT THE SIDES LOOK LIKE ABSOLUTE CRAP!!!! it's all lumpy and bumpy and not smooth like the top. does anyone know if buttercream piping will hold on the sides of this cake covered...