Posts by ntertayneme

I've frozen cakes for up to 3 months with no problems at all ... I bake, wrap in saran, wrap in foil, place on cake boards and freeze. After frozen, I take the cakes off the cake boards and stack no more than 3 cakes on top of one another... when I get ready to defrost, I place them back on a cake board, take the aluminum foil off and leave the saran on the cakes until they come to room temperature. I then take the saran wrap off and decorate. Just make sure that you...
Sometimes people fail to see or look at the comments made about their cakes in the photo gallery section. Maybe pm the person and ask your questions and they'll respond. I know I've been guilty of that myself and didn't mean to not respond to the person. It was just an oversight on my part.
Where do you get them cakes-r-us? Are they expensive? I haven't been able to find any grease resistant ribbon but would love to use it !!
I've always cut wax paper a little smaller in width than the ribbon I'm using on my buttercream cakes. I place that behind the ribbon and secure it on the backside of the cake with a small piece of tape. I've always done this on all my cakes and I've had no grease to stain the ribbon. The ribbon has always stayed secure.
cs = confectioner's sugar
My trunk is lined with 2 layers of foam (1" thick each).... I bought it at WalMart in the fabric section. It comes in a roll.... I cut it to the shape of my trunk then I lined the entire top of the foam with non-skid shelf liner... I had my other car, to which I totaled in a wreck done the exact same way... whenever I transport the cakes, I have a basket of auto supplies (oil, brake fluid, antifreeze, etc.) that I remove and put on the back seat of my car... in other...
I have 2 cats and the old saying "curiosity killed the cat", well my 2 are totally curious about everything.... there has been evidence they get on my snackbar when I'm not home, since they have roam of most of my home.... the only room that is totally off limits to them is my cake room.. that door stays shut at all times ... I keep all my cakes in that room away from them because I don't trust them at all !! So I feel for you momof5kiki ... I know if I ever left a cake...
I'd use a crusting buttercream icing. For the eyes, you could use either buttercream or fondant pressed into some buttercream to hold them on. You could use a large round tip (#12) to make the eyes.
I feel your pain mkolmar .. I baked 2 chocolate cakes and both stuck to the bottom of the pans .. there was no salvaging mine ... but they'll make nice cake bites I learned with the next set it line the bottom with parchment paper ... then those stuck to the sides of the pan somewhat ... so the next 2 I did, I lined the bottom and collared the sides with parchment paper .. it came right out and I had no problems at all with it ... it's just that one chocolate cake I...
Well I just delivered the cake .. she must to have liked the way it looked because she gave me a $10 tip Now I hope she likes the way it tastes too ... I told her I needed to know because that's the only way I can improve or change the cake recipes is by feedback ..I told her to call me and tell me anything she liked or disliked about the cake ... I used the Hershey's dark chocolate cake recipe ... I made a chocolate icing with butter but instead of milk, I used...