Posts by ntertayneme

I'm being entertained just reading all the posts to this thread You guys/gals are just too funny!
You'd be surprised at how many tips and things you could learn in Course 1. I'd recommend you take it. Even though it may repeat things you already know, it's always good to refresh yourself and learn the techniques again. I also give tons of handouts in my Course 1 which many of my students appreciate. Good luck!
I ususally do mine about an hour or two before the reception. I stress to the bride the table must be completely set up and ready for me to assemble the cake once I arrive. If I have a 4-tier cake, I usually tier it up 2 and 2 then transport. I'll have my borders on the bottom tier, and the next tier up, then I'll have it on the top tier. When I get there, all I have to do is carry in the two sections of cake. I carry in the bottom half of the cake and place it on the...
*Update*Well the wedding cake finally got delivered.... much to my horror, the caterer had a silver square plateau there that had a huge dip in the center of it ... well I addressed that issue and put some reinforcement under the center of cake where my cake drum wasn't touching the plateau.. after I get my cake all assembled (4 tiers which I carried to the reception 2 bottom tiers together and top 2 tiers together) I noticed the cake appeared to be leaning, but yet it...
Thank you everyone... my nephew had surgery today.. he had his gall bladder removed today because they thought it was diseased; however, it wasn't... while in the surgery, the did a liver biopsy and we're hoping with that maybe they'll find what is wrong with him .. he's now in ICU and has been since last night when having too much diffuculty breathing .. he's only 26 years old!! Too young to be going through so much!! Thank you everyone again for remembering him in your...
I have the week from Hades ... it first began with my sister's son, my nephew, who is very ill and they cannot find the cause of his illness... it appears to be something wrong with his liver because he's extremely jaundice (yellow colored skin) but they're saying it isn't hepititus. In his line of work, he's been innoculated for this.... So they're bringing him to Houston, Texas for more extensive tests.... I stayed at the hospital with him Wednesday night after working...
You did a wonderful deed, now just pray for their marriage.
If your fondant was rolled very thick it might would push the buttercream around some, but I've never had it to do that to me. I'm like the others stated, I put plenty of buttercream so those who do not like the fondant can still enjoy the normal cake under it by just peeling off the fondant.
He is amazing and he's a very nice man too I might add. His work is just awesome!
You could use candy melts or chocolate (white are dark chocolate).