Posts by ntertayneme

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-5213-Addendum-to-Rhondas-Ultimate-MMF.htmlOne of my students I had in cake classes tweaked this recipe a little and it's just wonderful!!! You have to play with MMF to really learn it. I don't have a lot of problems with it, but then, I've sat and played with it for hours I find it easy to mix and not really complicated to work with. The best part about it is that it's so cheap to make versus pre-made types. I tend to pinch off...
I'm not sure with your timeframe if it will dry in time, but working with gumpaste is almost the same as with fondant. Remember it dries faster so you can't leave it uncovered or unsealed. It hardens much faster than fondant and is much better to use for bows.
I cut wax paper slightly smaller than the width of the ribbon. I place the wax paper, then the ribbon and tape together in the back of the cake. I wait and do this after I have it set up at the reception area. I never do mine too far in advance. I've never had any grease stains on the ribbon. HTH
I have family and extended family members that do the same to me too. My comments back to them whenever they say "I'm going to get you to do my cake for me when _______" (whatever the occasion is), "I will do your cake, but remember, I'm not cheap" .... I do this with a straight face, no smile and as serious as I possibly can. So when approached for a cake for whatever occasion it is they need one for, they always ask me how much, and I do not hesitate to charge them...
I feel enough has been said in regard to this topic. It has gotten WAY off what the original topic was about and gone in a direction I feel is no longer positive in any aspect. I have now locked this thread.
I'm not sure if this happened; however, if a duplicate picture is upload into the photo galleries, we sometimes delete them. Only one photo needs to be submitted. If you wish to show different views, sides, detailed work of your cake, it's best to use some type of software that will put all your photos together on one photo, then upload just the one photo showing all your angles, etc., of your cake .... the galleries are getting so large, so we try to monitor and make...
I've had many brides to this to me.... and yes, I got "suckered" in and gave it to them for a very reduced cost ... only to get to the reception area to deliver/set up the cake and find out they had their wedding catered by one of the most expensive places in town... I'm talking this caterer will not even talk to you or book any wedding under $5,000... I was livid!! She got me good ... now when they start the "poor mouth" talk about they have a very limited budget, I just...
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-234631-duff.html+icingI'm not sure if this is the one you're looking for ...HTH
If you were here in Louisiana, I'd drive to you just to give you a big ol' hug and tell you DO NOT blame yourself in anyway, DO NOT doubt your abilities and like I've always said when people are rude, crude, mean and ugly to you, "let it roll off you like water on a ducks back" ... Please don't take it to heart what this vicious woman had said to you... even if she was having a bad day, no one deserves to be treated in that manner.... the only thing I would have done...
Congratulaions!! Great combo of flavors and you did a great job on your cake too