Posts by amodeoandrea

Wow Doug you have quite the imagination. That's great!
I always use this recipe. I don't even know what tylose is One tip! You might not need all of the sugar, add it gradually.Marshmallow Fondant (MMF)Serves/Yields:Prep. Time:Cook Time:Category: Fondant/Gumpaste/SugarpasteDifficulty: Easy  A very tasty alternative to buttercream icing or regular fondant.Read the full instruction and photos here!16 oz white marshmallows2 tb water2 lb icing sugar (approx. 8 cups confectioners' or powdered sugar)1. Melt marshmallows and...
I have been asking this same question since I signed up! My cakes always tear with wire. My cakes are too moist. If I can give any advice. Do not add the decorations until you have the cake on the table in it's final destination. And bring a few things in case there is a tear. Extra fondant and icing to hide mistakes I just talked to someone the other day and they suggested cutting out a small portion of the cake and replacing it with styrofoam. frost and...
My poor doggie is in heaven now almost 2 years and I still find the occasional hair. I really have no advice, just do what you are doing. I always vacuum and mop before I start baking. Keep your pets out of the kitchen and keep your family out too Minimize traffic and keep your fingers crossed. Oh yeah make sure change your clothes before you start too. Good luck from one "unofficial" home baker to another
I usually stack the pans to get an idea of how cake sizes will look. I'm sure 12 & 8 would look fine.
I have used this before. The flavor is good, but my dough was a little dry. You might be able to leave a little of the flour out. Good luck!CHOCOLATE ROLLED COOKIESServes/Yields: about 18 3-inch cookiesPrep. Time:Cook Time:Category: Cookies!Difficulty: Easy  "Hint: Rather than wait for your cookie dough to chill, take the freshly made dough and place a glob between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll it out to the desired thickness then place the dough and paper on a...
I like to paint with food gels! If it's on fondant.
I'm sorry that happened! I really think adding some flour would do the trick, and just add more powdered sugar to the icing. My advice is a little late I'm sure! Funny thing, when I make NFSC they keep coming out way to dry and crumbly. Maybe we should invest in that scale!!
Thank you everyone for all of the ideas! The ones on ebay are mini cupcake liners. I know she won't want to pay for those fancy ones, so she will just have to deal with ribbon or something. Isn't it crazy that you can't find black!
Please Help me find black cupcake wrappers. I am supposed to do a bridal shower and Wedding and the bride wants cupcake towers with black wrappers and white frosting. I didn't think it would be so hard to find! Can anyone help. You guys always have such good ideas!!!!!!ThanksAndrea