Posts by amodeoandrea

I Have tried both and I have to say. Boxed mixed are much more reliable as far as texture goes. I do Dr. them up a bit.
Thanks
I see alot of pictures where the fondant looks shiny. How do I get that effect. Do you paint the fondant? My colors always look so flat and dry. I have used MMF and store bought.
Thanks everyone. She decided to bake her own cake after hearing my price. I don't think it was too high. what do you think? I was going to charge her $35.00 for a 1/2 sheet cake, two layers with buttercreeam filling and icing. Carved like a book and fully decorated in Ninja turtles and the Bratz. I thought I was being pretty reasonable.
Thank you for all of the ideas! I think I might try the book idea. Does anyone have any tips for carving? I know that I won't be able to find a pan in time. Mom is stuck on the one sheet cake idea, I can already tell she is trying to save money. So i didn't want to get to intricate with the decorations, I really did like the forest idea. I just never seem to get paid enough for my time. Not to mention I am 8 months pregnant and have a 2 year old to entertain while...
Mom say the boy likes ninja turtles, and the girl likes pink?????? She wanted one sheet cake decorated for both. I don't think that it will look very good. Any suggestions? Oh yeah and she needs it for Sat. morn.