Posts by Irish245

Simple.....call and if no answer, leave message that if you don't receive payment in cash by the time you deliver cake, the cake will have no topper.(I have no time for messing around.....time is money)
Did you all know there is a medical condition called "baker's lung"? It's from breathing in things like powdered sugar, flour, etc. I never heard of it until my doctor told me about it. No joke! I know I look stupid, but when I make icings, I use a surgical mask.
This has happened once to me. I asked them if they wanted me to do the cake anyway, since they paid for it. They said no. I then asked if they wanted me to make a smaller cake...something they could just have for dessert that weekend, so it was not a total loss for them. They declined that also, so I said the next time they needed a small cake...say, for a birthday, let me know a couple weeks ahead of time and I'd be glad to make them a freebie. About a month later,...
I would let the $30 go. I would not discount this new cake. If it is mentioned about discount, you can explain that before it was a hobby but now it is legally a business and you don't give discounts....or if you want to discount, do a small amount and same explanation.Payment in full on new cake, two weeks before cake date - you can explain that now that you're legal, you have certain policies you need to abide by - don't turn your oven on unless payment has been...
I've kept mine in the freezer for months. I just wrap it twice in plastic wrap and then in a zip lock freezer bag and it's just fine. I just take it out the night before I need it and let it thaw overnight. I've never made anything with it and tried to freeze it though....
woke up with evidence of losing a LOT of blood (fibroid problems) at about 5 am and told my husband I needed to go to the emergency room....he said, let's go....I said, gotta wait till 10 am until the venue opens and bleeding had pretty much stopped .....delivered cake at 10 am , drove to the emergency room, walked from the parking lot.....turned out I had about 1/3 of the blood in my body than I should have had......doctor told me I was lucky I woke up at all that...
"I called to see what time you're delivering my wedding cake." ....Sure I have your wedding date booked on my calendar, even though when we spoke two years ago, you didn’t pay the deposit, we never discussed the design of your cake and you haven't contacted me at all in the last two years since your initial call. "I know I ordered it for Saturday but we're leaving to drive to my aunt's on Thursday...so I need it before we leave.""Can you give me a discount since my...
My sister had that exact same topper when she got married in 1990, so it must something that was handed down in the family.......
When I was married the first time (back in 1980) my wedding cake was like that, but the martini glasses were upside down with each of the bowl parts of the martini glass covering a rose. It was done like the other post mentioned. Mine was a buttercream icing cake. What they did was ice the cake, added dowels, put a board on top and then iced again. Then they decorated and added the upside down glasses and sat the next tier on top of those. I would show you a pic but...
The way to get the green for Green Bay Packers, is you take a color called golden yellow and mix it into half of your white buttercream. Then take the other half, add a lot of black color and mix well. Use these two separate colors and when everyone asks you what is wrong with your colors on the cake, explain to them that you made the cake in honor of the better team. Hehe, just kidding.....(I couldn't let that pass!)....signed, "bleeds black and gold"