Posts by Meri8

Hello, I have a 10 or 20 pound fondant that I have not opened yet.  how long please does it stay fresh to use?  And how long does opened fondant, sealed, stay fresh to use?  Taste okay or buy more now? Thank you.  I am not sure of the date on it, or if there even is a date, I must look.
HELP - I made 25 balloon shape cookies. I am now tying a thin red licorice rope aound the bottom "nozzle" part (I think I saw it on Flickr or here on CC) - they look great as I am bagging them now & closing them up! -- BUT will the rope licorice make the cookie SOFT where I tyed it and then I will wake up crying with broken off cookie bottoms in the bag before deilvery? These are the licorice rope old fashioned kind, not the softer pull and peel so I hope it is dry...
I have made giant round chocolate chip cookies in a round pizza pan from my grandmas days - I cannot get it out of the pan unless I use parchment under it & it is still hard to get out - guests LOVE giant cookies, as it is a treat over the usual cake. Here is my photo, I did bake it a little longer....hope it attached !!!!
I was just about to ask on freezing fondant NFSC that I decorated. My Client ordered 25 cookies covered in fondant and I was about to bag them and she had to cancel her kids party till the following week due to his fever. My husband said I should give her to cookies I just made a week AFTER I like to, and I want to bake her new cookies next week. This is her 3rd order from me and she pays upon delivery. I know it is a business but I want my product FRESH. I charged $3...
I must not have uploaded the photo to the forums correctly here is the link to view my pregnant baby bump maternity dress cookies below:http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1264663.html
here is a photo of some of the Baby boy bump shower cookies I made as favors. I used a ball of dough on top before I baked the cookie, than covered in fondant. What do ya think? some have impressions for texture, others decorated with Royal Icing, thanks for the help & TFL.
I also re-use my parchment, I have folded it up & slipped them into a zip bag then take out to re use. BUT I do LOVE LOVE LOVE my silpats. I used to wash the silpats by hand till a friend said to put them in the dishwasher & BOY did they finally come out clean again - treat yourself to 2 silpats, you will love them for cookies & candies & more !
Hello, I thought I saw on CC a photo or two of a dress cookie that was pregnant by using a mound of dough before baking or a ball of fondant before covering with fondant. AWESOME! Now I want to see it again and I cannot find it, forgot to save it into my faves! I searched the words baby bump dress pregnant maternity cookie - -all in various groups, PLEASE HELP me find the photo as I have a baby shower order this wkd & want more ideas, thank you. When I did a practice...
hi, I have an order for Chocolate covered Marshmallows on a stick, decorated a little, probably dark with white lines or sugars, for a 40th female Bday party in a winery, so I want them to be fancy & classy looking, no sprinkles. The person liked the ones I made at my son's second bday! ANY ideas or suggestions would be appreciated as well as WHAT PRICE shall I charge? one Chocolate covered marshmallow on a stick for one dollar or 2 for the dollar fee? Also, I cannot...
hi, has anyone ever used a pasta machine to make fondant the desired thickness? I just thought of it and WONDERED if it would work for smaller cut shapes or for use on cookies. I make many cookies using rolled fondant and I have always used a fondant roller, even tried those rubber spacers, but it does not always come out the perfect thickness. Thank you for any input !