Posts by tonicake

I need to make coconut frosting-fast! The only coconut I have is raw chip coconut. Do I need to toast it or something? I've not used this before.Can YOU help me?
WOW! I thought only I loved it as much as I do. Glad to know your right there with me. When I have extra, I bake up some big ole chocolate chip cookies and put a nice blob between two and eat up some double doozies! My family loves them as much as they love the Great American Cookie Company double doozies. It's so good to me I have to remind myself it's very fattening! I could just stand at the bowl and eat it with a spoon. Sorry, guess I am showing my "piggy" side. ...
Jamie ~I think you hit all the key notes! I swear by Sharon's butter cream. I haven't found any thing that compares. JMHO Toni
I did the happy dance this morning when I logged on. It was a wonderful surprise to wake up too! Like hot fresh pan cakes and crispy bacon! (That makes me do a happy dance too!)Thank you!Toni
I too have not had any problem with cakes sticking. Years ago, I think one spice cake maybe. Other than that never! I don't even leave my cakes in the pan for 10 minutes, nor do I run a knife around it, they just pop right out and hold their shape.I have kept home made cake release for many months and now I can't seem to keep enough made.So it works well for the busy times as well as the slow.Toni
So, I was wondering. Did you post it? or Let it go.Toni
I've used the home made cake release for about 20 years and I love it. It seems I always have what I need to make it and it is inexpensive to make. Much cheaper than spray cans or Wilton's cake release. Give it a try - I know you will love it!Toni
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.Maybe this can help in the future. I use a home made cake release. 1/2 cup shortening, 1/2 cup veg. oil and 1/2 cup flourmix with a hand mixer (I like the wisk attachment) until creamy and using a pastry brush to paint it in your pansbe sure to cover every where or it will stick where you missany equal measuring cup amount can be used I make mine using 1 cup so it will last-I keep it in a Wilton bowl with a lid. it can be frozen or...
I watched my mom who took Wilton classes for ever ago. I was a new teen (now I'm pushing 40!). When she could no longer make cakes, she gave me her supplies and I've been going ever since. So mostly self taught, trial & error, read books, Sugarshacks dvds, tv shows, you tube, just simply researching and paying attention to others amazing work. CC has been an incredible aid in encouraging and teaching new techniques. I always look to new challenges to see if I can do...
I understand! your problem. My dad isn't speaking to me right now because I haven't made my (nephew he is raising) a birthday cake. Sorry-paying customers FIRST!!!!! Oh, and MY DAUGHTER TOO! Her birthday was the very next day. He hasn't looked her direction, wished her happy birthday, kiss my butt - nothing! He can just get over it! BTW, she just turned 10.I do what I can, but I'm only one person, just as you are. As soon as my $$ tree blooms, I'll just go out back...