Posts by tonicake

O.K. I spoke with a lady from the bank today (she has always worked with me from the day I opened my account and is very familiar with me and my business). She made some calls and the advice is to go to small claims court-only if I feel it will be worth my time and money. I was wondering if it would do any good to go to her bank with photos and a copy of the check. See what the "lie" was to get them to stop payment. Does any one know? However, I am friends with a...
I've read all the advice, but I'm a big chicken to deal with this lady. She can be very scary. My hubby says to to let it go, I do not need any more stress. However, when I told him people like her make me feel as if I never want to do cakes again. He dropped his head in disappointment.It makes me angry because I allow people to make me feel this way, but I'm more angry at myself because I allow it. I just wish mean people didn't exist. I joke around about me being...
I just checked back and WOW! the response. She said I didn't put buttons on the cake. Which we didn't talk about and I just looked at what we discussed and it never came up. She watched me write every thing down and I made a copy of our agreement. I agree about not liking this cake, but I don't see cause for her doing what she did. However, she said she will write a check for $100.00 and nothing more. I also sent her the invoice again with the cup cakes added. ...
Apparently, the MOB felt the cake was a big disappointment. I accepted her final payment the day of delivery and by Monday morning she stopped payment. She even added (last minute) 3 dozen red velvet mini cup cakes with fondant OU's and 2 dozen banana nut mini cup cakes and never paid for those or even offered to pay. I even took a week off from teaching to get every thing done for her.At the reception hall, I waited for about 30 minutes to get the final payment and...
Reading your dilemma, makes me cringe. I've had one customer ask if I would PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE use her grandmothers recipe. I foolishly agreed, but told her that I knew my recipe worked and it was good. Her mother even came for a tasting just to make sure it was good. The nut loved the cake, but they didn't want mine, because it just wasn't grandma's. As I suspected, it didn't work and she ended up with a flavor of cake she never even wanted in the first place....
I love it. Very well done.
My cake blog is tonicake.blogspot.comOnce a week I take time to discuss cakes, cookies and cup cakes I've done for that week and the occasions. I enjoy it and my friends and customers have a chance to know how cake life is.
WOW! Those prices are very high. I found mine, the multi-wheel pasta cutter at my cake supply. It was $20 and its one of my favorite tool. It has 5 wheels and is very sturdy.I'd definitely shop around before buying.Toni
Sorry, but I seriously doubt you will find a discount. They are sold by the Agbays them selves. She's a sweetheart and helped me decide which agbay I would use most and would benefit me more.So, just call her and you will be helped with any questions. Congratulations! You will love it and won't regret owning one. All bakers should have one.
The raw coconut is unsweetened and definitely not the Baker's Coconut. I just didn't know if I needed to toast it or do something special to it. Thanks for your help.