Posts by lolobell

i am making martha stewarts coconut, lemon curd cake. it calls for 7 minute frosting. i am supposed to bring the cake to my inlaws in the AM...it is 10:30PM....can i make this ahead tonight or do i have to wake up early and make/frost the cake???thank you in advance.
thank you so much. see..i didn't even know about what you told me about convection. thank you so much!
Hey there!I am moving in a couple of months and have to purchase an oven for the home...1/2 excited and 1/2 nervous because i have a feeling my budget won't allow for the "good" stuff!! however, i want to know if anyone has any opinions on oven brands....what you use etc. maybe you know brands that are terrible...or incredible...or in between. I have a Kenmore right now that i highly dislike...it cost me around $750 a year ago. i hate it. so many things i dislike about it....
OH! Thanks SO very much everyone. Appreciate your time as well as your help!
making my 3rd batch of NFSC...my mind is in about 100 different places so i totally forgot the eggs and vanilla...what i have is sugar and butter and flour in a bowl oh so nicely mixed. Please tell me that i can NOW add my eggs and vanilla without any damage to my cookie dough??? i hate to see 6 cups of flour, 2 cups of butter and sugar go to waste???thanks all.
okie dokie...pictures are up.. shower is over. i am exhausted. managed to get the fake cake (i hated every second of that!!! they are NOT as easy as one might think to do)...cupcakes and cookies without having a nervous breakdown!!! haha.i value each and every one of the comments made by all of you.thank you for taking the time to talk me through a stressful situation.never again...unless i get paid...oh, like $10,000!!! thanks again to all of you.MAR
yeah, that would be most kids.......but when you have a mom who is as picky...not to mention an aunt....and thats what you're surrounded by....then you learn mighty quick....i will never forget that moment....when they brought that cake over to her and in front of the entire party she says..."miss marianne....there's a crack right there." her mom laughed....as did many others....i didn't!!!my daughter when i presented her with her wizard of oz cake this past...
THANKS! i will for sure keep you all posted...and post pictures! although, i still am having trouble posting anything....have you tried posting a picture lately?anyways......i will not cave. once i set my mind....well....it's hard to break it. ask my DH!!!! if i don't enjoy the project...that sticks in my head. i will never WANT to do anything for them again so there will be...no....caving!!!!!!especially come february when it's her daughters birthday!!!
I guess i am most upset about the assuming.....i do cakes etc for friends all the time and never have a problem...so you're right...it's not typically friends and business that don't work...it's this one. considering it's not the first time. the cake i was telling about for her daughter...i had to send step by step photos as i worked on it...and she changed this 3 times. loved the end product but still had critical comments. i have to remind her all the time.. "i'm not a...
well, as of midnight..i had words with my friend...I'm a bit of a "low patience" person and i will listen to just so much. i told her to go ahead and research online at what a cake like that would cost...i told her to do so and then call me back...that a few other comments i made created quite the tension filled moment!she didand told me she "ASSUMED" i was overcharging her and "ASSUMED" (gosh, i hate that word) that fake cakes were "cheap"....she was surprised to see the...