Posts by jdab

A fairly easy cake to make is a drum.You could also do a cake with musical instruments all over it, using the colors for your border
I always experiment with different cake flavours using jello in the cake mix. Another way I have flavoured a cake is by adding skor bits. This works well with a caramel filling.
The cake turned out absolutely beautiful!!! You should be very proud of yourself. I love the maple leaves on the side...great touch. I am sure everyone was as impressed as we all are Can't wait to hear everyone's reactions.
This cake is fabulous so far!!! I can't wait to see the final result. Like everyone else is saying..be proud of your work, no one will notice the imperfections if there are any.
Go for it!! This sounds like a great opportunity. If you are worried that you might make a mistake, remember people who don't decorate cakes themselves will never notice! Good Luck!!!
I use only boxed cake mixes and doctor it up with jello powder. I get a unique flavour (and colour). I then team up the filling with the cake flavour. I have have been told that you can't tell its's from a box.