Posts by Sumer

I recently thought of a name for a cake business...."Cake Divine".....but I already have one. My name is Sumer, so I call my business "A Sumer Affair Catering". (I do catering and cakes) Now "Cake Divine" is open, here at least!
Yay! Keep going!
Luster dust is a sheen powder that you can brush on dry or mix with vodka or other alcohol-based liquid to paint onto icing or cookies. It leaves a pearlescent kind of finish. Sparkle dust is just like glitter that is finely crushed, but is edible. It does not mix up like luster dust, but is best sprinkled onto a cake or icing.
Sam's Club does carry the ghirahelli, but it is a seasonal item. I was there yesterday and looked around in the baking aisle for the seasonal items (they usually have some unique things) and found the white and dark chocolate dipping kind. They are in large blocks, and the clerk showed me on the sign that it is a seasonal item and they get it for holiday baking....
Yay for cookies! Such an under-rated treat!
I just got my order from Paylesscakedecor too, and it was exactly as advertised.....TWO of each jar of luster dust....for $3.98. It was so fast, too....I ordered at the end of last week and it came today.....from CA to VA. I'm convinced, and will order ALL my luster dust from them!
I use the Americolor....it ALWAYS gives a true color, deep and rich, unlike the Wilton. I stopped trying to get the Wilton colors to make the color right.
I use the Americolor....it ALWAYS gives a true color, deep and rich, unlike the Wilton. I stopped trying to get the Wilton colors to make the color right.
I order the Vremay (I think that's how it's spelled) from Sysco. It's about $50 for a 50 lb. box but it's soooo worth it!
I tried the vanilla/caramel creamer thing today and just finished the cake scraps....oh my oh my oh my! Right now, while I am in cake-scrap euphoria, that is the best tip.....but I have also really used the Viva towel trick quite a bit!