Posts by CakeRN

For that fact the next time she calls for you to make a cake for her either tell her to come over and you will show her how to do it (so she knows just how much work goes into a cake) OR tell her she can make her own and if she wants Hebrew writing on it you will show her how to do that. Her friends are not your friends and therefore do not rank a discount. If someone calls for a cake that is a friend of hers then give them your normal price and if they ask ..tell them "...
I would tell her since she did not bring the deposit by to book the date that you already have someone that has booked you for the day. Tell her you are sorry but that she needed to give you the deposit within the first 48 hours and you had given her some leeway but she waited to long and you can no longer do her cake. Politely give her some names of other that might do her cake for her and wish her luck. You don't call up a dept store and say "oh bring that dress by and I...
I did my daughters wedding cake, the grooms cake and my sons wedding cake and grooms cakel. Yes it was stressful but only because I kept thinking " will it taste good". My daughter and son loved and appreciated the fact that their mom did this for them. It was also nice to bask in the glory of people saying how good it looked and tasted. You just have to manage your time and the cakes can be made ahead and frozen then decorate the day before the rehearsal dinner. I...
No don't spray them with water....spray with maybe some cooking spray...very lightly...
buy one and use as a template....
color your fondant different shades of brown then cut n strips and roll together. Use a friller on the edges to make it wrinkled. Take a white piece of fondant and mash it down into a shape of an egg...take a gold colored piece of fondant and put on top... you can spray it to give it a "fried shine" and maybe take some brown coloring and lightly edge the outside of the white (for fried too hot look). burnt edges.
What about doing a pound cake ( vanilla) and then putting the flavors of different icings between the layers. You could do strawberrys in a glaze, pineapple glaze then chocolate ganache on top with dollops of strawberry and pineapple glaze, marshmallow topping and nuts on top OH and a few marachino cherries. Just a thought on how to do it..
maybe put little lighs in the glass blocks? you could even use the little tea lights (expensive) in the candle holders under the glass. Of course charge her for them but it would look like that and no need to worry about flames and fire.teri
Wow...long long thread...can't believe I read the whole thing! Where is the alka selzer!people make mistakes...we are all human. This is not a court of law and no one should be put on trial here but it sure sounds like that is what is happening. I am sorry for the whole lot of them...including the original poster.As far as the person who filed bankruptcy and gives out advice...give that person a break too. Just because you file for bankruptcy doesn't mean you don't know...
Ok..so they are having 200 to 300 people and your daughter wanted to help them save some money? Really? If that was the case then they should have invited less people. I would not let them walk over me like that. Tell them what they get for the price you quoted your daughter. Tell them if they want more they pay UPFRONT for it...not your daughter. You will live to hate this one too .