Posts by Tkeys

You could do either the rolled buttercream or try Toba's Glaze...Toba's dries hard, but it is sweeter and softer than the royal icing, and the rolled butter cream is very good, but doesn't really allow you the same detail as the piped icings, but it tastes good and has a great texture.
I was always taught to make pies and freeze them uncooked . . . . but i think you are talking about different kind of pies than fruit pies. When I make apple or blueberry or other fruit pies, I make them, freeze them. You have to bring them to room temp before cooking them. Cooked pie crust does not freeze well. Some pie crusts can keep in the refrigerator. I have a way to make the pie crust mix, and hold that for weeks in a container, just add the liquid at the last...
I don't charge for anything, so I won't be much help in most of your questions. I recently did buttercream flower cupcakes for a wedding shower (see my photos), and I was able to decorate about 80 cupcakes in maybe 1 1/2 hours? I think that included mixing and coloring the icing. I don't know if that helps you figure out your costs . . . and this may not be the type of flower you want to do, but it was a big hit! I think the cupcakes only took me a few hours to bake ....
I've never used Toba's, but I thought I've read that drying it under a light or a lamp makes it shiny?
Probably teddy bears would be cute, too, or flower cookies. For the teddy bears, you could even add bandages on the head, foot, or stomach - they would be cute for people having different types of surgeries. Or people in hospital gowns, or even balloon cookies that say get well. Good luck!
I did it once - I think the cookies are in my pictures. I made a pink t-shirt with a edible image of the team logo to sell as a fundraiser for a team walking for breast cancer in the Susan Komen walk. The cookies were a big hit, and the edible images took well. I did have to wet them a bit (I can't remember now if I used water or corn syrup) for them to meld a bit with the RBC.
That happens to me all the time! I always think I have these great ideas, and then I'm either rushed, or I don't practice, and then . . . disaster strikes! I always manage to make something work out, and everyone else loves it, but I'm disappointed because it didn't turn out how I wanted or envisioned. I think sometimes we can be our own worst critics! I think the cake looks great, but I do understand how disappointing it is when things don't turn out the way you...
I've been making boonenati's mud cake (a heavy chocolate cake) and I've made it a number of times substituting Kahlua for the whiskey in the recipe. I do that, and I've also added some additional kahlua flavorings to boost it. Good luck! I think you can do that for any chocolate cake recipe you have.
Luckily, I'm kind of picky - I only like chocolate. So, I do my best to make vanilla cakes, or other flavors I wouldn't eat. I don't know if that helps you at all, but it sure keeps me away! Of course, sometimes I can't help myself and I make chocolate - then I'm really in trouble! I also do my best to throw away/give away anything that tempts me immediately afterwards - if it doesn't hang around the house, I'm better off. I also keep stuff in the freezer, not the...
All good ideas. I think the sports ball pan only gets 10-15 servings, but I could be wrong about that. There is also the 3D soccer ball that is significantly bigger - it works the same way as the 3D sports ball pan, but could make a bigger teapot if you need the cake to serve more. Or you could put the smaller teapot on a sheet cake or a round cake.You could also cut off the top and separately wrap that with fondant. I'd also suggest some kind of supports for the...