Posts by josilind

I have done a strawberry shortcake anniversary cake before..but I DID delete the whipped cream because i could not see myself working with that and worrying about it being messy. I only used the whipped cream on the top of the topper. I used regular buttercream for icing the sides on both tiers. for the filling in between the layers, i created a dam using a 12 tip then i spreaded the strawberry fillling. i did not use sponge cake though.I think if they are really wanting...
..its and either or..you want to be technical, go back and read what i posted....First let your bride know that because it is last minute notice you WILL need her to pay in full (like everyone else has stated) sorry about her situation but if she were still with this other lady, she would have had to have that cake paid in full payment by now anyway....ASK her now, who will be the person you need to see the day of delivery for the cake and get that person's number is you...
so childish......and she will still do what she wants...
cakestyles, this message topic is for katboss, not me. so if you have a comment, you can post to her, not me. i have not been in agreement with some of your posts, but calling you out is not to do here.Everyone here is offereing advice to be considered, or not, in the 12 years i have been doing cakes, i have only not had a pay in full for delivery 3 times, so i cut the cake up and sold it..no problem for me, it works. so please, advise like everyone else instead of trying...
i am sorry, was not aware that CC is not allowing me to post the web address for the quick table, so you can email me and i can send it to you through my personal..nnenna1974@yahoo.com
go to baking911.com
http://www.baking911.com
I think that if you have been doing cakes you can do this one..i am so grateful for my husband coaching and supporting me to do wedding cakes...they are just like doing regular cakes..just need a few more tips to them..you can do it!First let your bride know that because it is last minute notice you WILL need her to pay in full (like everyone else has stated) sorry about her situation but if she were still with this other lady, she would have had to have that cake paid in...
yes, i forgot to add , i am using a satin ribbon. it is the ribbon that the bride liked best. the last cake i did the ribbon was stain and water reisistant and it was a very pretty pink...it is hard to find ribbon like that . i was not even looking for it. it was on sale and it was just there.i placed an attachment of my last cake.
thank you everyone for your reply.indydebi, thank you so much. i have a tendency to not explain clearly but you picked up on exactly what i was referring to. i am still open to others advice! and good luck on your cake stepOmi!