Posts by josilind

I have been all over the internet and see all of these beautiful brooched cakes, and I have seen the wholesale links that specifically sell cake brooches and I have seen a cake or two in the bridal magazine in my hometown where thebride used the family heirloom to place onto her cake..HOW do you apply a brooch onto a cake with ribbon?! I have been to numerous chat rooms , there is nothing on youtube but a candy mold tutorial and all the chat rooms NOONE has come up with...
I need to mail a buttercream birthday cake from MS to IL. How would i go about doing this. the cake is a 10in square, double layer , vanilla cake with buttercream icing. the post office said it would probably take 3 days.how do i pack this?!
Thank you all for your responses..they were all helpful. I know how to go at it now!
they would be round..i was trying to find square so the icing part wouldnt be too bad. I would be freezing them tho so the crumbs wouldnt do bad also...the smallest pan i could find for a square was 4 inch.
they would be round..i was trying to find square so the icing part wouldnt be too bad. I would be freezing them tho so the crumbs wouldnt do bad also...the smallest pan i could find for a square was 4 inch.
AIR BUBBLES: i have figured it out completely yet, but , to me, it appears that if you are coolling your cake in the freezer and the icing has been refridgerated too, when the cake starts sitting out at room temp it may be creating those bubbles. I use a toothpick to pop them and they deflate just like a balloon but I have always had a concern that if I drop off a cake, will a bubble form, hadnt had that happen yet, but i think it has something to do with the temp of the...
AIR BUBBLES: i have figured it out completely yet, but , to me, it appears that if you are coolling your cake in the freezer and the icing has been refridgerated too, when the cake starts sitting out at room temp it may be creating those bubbles. I use a toothpick to pop them and they deflate just like a balloon but I have always had a concern that if I drop off a cake, will a bubble form, hadnt had that happen yet, but i think it has something to do with the temp of the...
Needed to know what sizes are typically used for mini cakes or a tiered mini cakes. the cakes will be for a church marriage ministry. what about baking a 10 inch an using a cutter to cut the tiers? I thought this was a good idea, but still dont know what size is good for doing something like this...thanks alot!