Posts by josilind

There are square cake plates. Each inside tier will have 4 columns & 2plates, 1 plate under the cake , 1 plate on top of the tier thc cake is sitting on. I always ask to have the flower shd wants in between each layer because the head size of the flower determines what length column I need . Wilton s site carry those interlocking plates and columns. If u measure thr width of the flower head you will know which column set to buy. But I have not seen square in the style of...
There are square cake plates. Each inside tier will have 4 columns & 2plates, 1 plate under the cake , 1 plate on top of the tier thc cake is sitting on. I always ask to have the flower shd wants in between each layer because the head size of the flower determines what length column I need . Wilton s site carry those interlocking plates and columns. If u measure thr width of the flower head you will know which column set to buy.
There are square cake plates. Each inside tier will have 4 columns & 2plates, 1 plate under the cake , 1 plate on top of the tier thc cake is sitting on. I always ask to have the flower shd wants in between each layer because the head size of the flower determines what length column I need . Wilton s site carry those interlocking plates and columns. If u measure thr width of the flower head you will know which column set to buy.
I do differently, I have a freezer used for only cakes.I bake cake, tort the top off while it is sitting in the pan so I can get a full 2 inch tall cake , I place wax paper over the cake while it is in the pan , take a cake board, place it on top, flip thr cake over to get out of the pan, cool cake for 5-10 mins and place directly into the freezer. I don't take it out until I'm ready to decorate. I have had cakes in freezer for at least a week, I put the crumb coat on ,...
I forgot to add, "Wally world" and hobby lobby have online ordering .
I have seen a lot of websites that sell cake boxes and boards. U could possibly price various sites for cheap cake box search and see what u come up with, also check Walmart and hobby lobby stores.
In using a cake plateau for the first tone tomorrow and need help. The cake is a stack of 3, do I decorate the cake on the plateau or not? I'm trying to picture in my mind how to get the cake to the center of the cake table stacked already or stack the caked on end of the table then try to move it , don't know what to do.I'm open to all suggestions, thanks. .
Tjank you sooo much for your reply.That's a good note about the heirloom , I agree, I read in the article that the bride wanted it place on her cake..CC blocked that internet link, so if you could please email me that link and I will also google the information you gave me also. Im still open to other remarks on using a real brooch, too, I have worked with a mold once and it didnt come out right and now , I think i am "scared" of molds.. but I will definitely check it out.