Posts by Mom_Of_4

Hi there, I have an order for a birthday cake and they are wanting 24 servings. I have always used the wilton cake serving chart but for some reason am second guessing it this morning. An 8 inch round says it is 24 servings, so that is what I would typically make.  I am just wondering does every one else use the wilton cake serving chart for birthday cakes as well as wedding cakes or is there a better one for birthday cakes? I just can't decide if I should do the 8...
Thank you so much for the recipe! Sound delicious, thanks for your help!!
Does anyone have a good recipe for devils food cake? I thought it was just a chocolate cake, but my customer says it is not just a chocolate cake! So any help would be appreciated!
What frosting is usually used on a spice cake? I have no idea what it is suppose to taste like or what kind of frosting to use on it.
I may have to try that one....does anyone else have a recipe that they have tried? I prefer to use a recipe that is tried and true.
Hi there! I have a request for a spice cake this weekend and I haven't been able to find a recipe for one. I would prefer to make it from scratch but am willing to try anything! Also would I just use a buttercream frosting on the cake or should I use another kind of frosting? I have never had a spice cake so this is all new to me! TIA for all of your help!!!
Okay so I am making the cinnamon roll flavor cake that macs mom posted a while back in the forums. My normal buttercream is the traditional wilton recipe equal parts butter and shortening, this buttercream can be a little too sweet. So with the cinnamon roll cake I am wondering if there is a less sweet frosting out that that crusts that I could make to decorate this cake with? I do not have access to hi ratio shortening, so if there is anyone out there that can help me I...
Mmm these sound delicious! I can't wait to try some of them!
What happens if you use all purpose flour for this cake instead of the cake flour?
Thanks Melissa_B that is exactly what I am going to do!