Posts by trulyscrumptious

Hi!Does anyone have a guide to help me figure out how many servings you'd get out of cheesecakes- multiple sizes(??) and a guide as to how to cut them? I have a bride who wants cheesecakes for her wedding and I've never had a bride request this and I've only ever just sold my cheesecakes as is- take it and cut it however you want- so I'm puzzling a bit over how many servings to tell her to expect and how many she'll need to order. Any help you could give me would be...
Wow! that is small! It's just about the same demensions as the lil' elephant one. Arrgg! I don't know what to go with- I feel silly for considering something cutsey when ya'll have bought *real tools* now I've found they are the (aprox) same size. Thanks for going out of your way to measure yours!~Truly
Thanks for the info katherinescakes - part of the issue for me too is that I have so little space for storage (left) that I would hate to buy something that I have no room for in my kitchen/pantry so I shove it elsewhere and it never get used ya know?Good to know tiggy2! Now, can I mix those sheen colors with the plain ones? Say- the pearl with one of the greens to get that specific green looking shimmery?~Truly
Thanks for the info, I saw Harbour Freight mentioned earlier in this thread so I did thru to check out things there but they all look so much bigger then I was hoping I would need. What model did you purchase?~Truly
I might should mention that I use ChocoPan and so I'm also looking for tips/opinions on airbrushing on that surface. Is it any different from regular fondant? Oh, and can I mix luster dusts into the Amerimist colors for spraying or is that a no no? ~Truly
Can anyone advise me on this sweet little baby I found on ebay today? http://cgi.ebay.com/CAKE-DECORATING-AIRBRUSH-KIT-Food-Color-Air-Compressor_W0QQitemZ200347823020QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea5a92bac&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30[url] I know it's small but I think I'm quite smitten! I have never airbrushed before but I've been asked to do a wedding cake that is mainly airbrushed so I'm looking for something...
Hey, its funny that this came up this week! just last week a local newspaper featured whoopie pies on the front of the food section and after reading the article I decided I had to try them! The article is here http://akronohio.planetdiscover.com/sp?keywords=whoopie+pie&skin=&aff=1100&Submit2=Go and answers a lot of the questions that have been asked here on CC. ...However I also tried this recipe...
Dear CC'ers I am in complete shock and need of your advice!This morning I got a call from my grandmother who was in a panic. She had picked up the county newspaper and in the local/food section she was reading about a local chocolate festival that was recently held in our area. One of the articles was telling about a licenced home baker (like myself) that had participated. They gave the name of the business- it's the same as mine!!! I have been using the name "XX" for 5...
Does anybody send their bride and grooms a questionnaire about their satisfaction with choices, service, setup, the cake overall, etc and give them a chance to give any feedback they may have? I'm thinking about doing this with my first wedding cake (just delivered 2 Sat ago) but I'm not sure if it's done or how to go about wording questions/what to ask. If you have any ideas suggest away! Thanks!~Truly
I think the issue is more about keeping pets away from the food preparation areas then it is about not having them in the house at all. When the Ag. guy came to do my kitchen he took a quick look around and passed me- then spent an hour talking to me about the cake business and giving me tips. He also told me about a lady who wanted to be licenced, when he came and inspected she had several bird cages hanging directly over the countertops! And she didn't understand why...