Posts by mandm78

Try locating a cake supply shop in your area. Mine does carry fondx and they have samples of it in small plastic containers. They even display the samples near the cash register. Or ask them if they would be willing to open a container for you to sample. Worth a try.
I used to work for a well known bakery and they froze their tres leches cakes all the time. Never had any problems.
I just made one and I used a bundt pan. I needed to add a 9" cake to the bottom in order for it to be the correct height. As i shaved the top to give it a more rounded shape, I used those pieces to fill in and build up the hole towards her waist. Worked perfect!
I have used both baking sheets and waxed paper (cutrite brand) and have had no trouble with anything burning in my oven. I bake in my home oven. Even used waxed paper to line the sides of cake pans and they extended slightly above cake rims.
I use a thin coat when I crumb coat, just enough to cover cake and seal in crumbs. The cake can still be seen through icing. I then pop in fridge for approx. 10 - 20 minutes and don't have a problem with it sweating. I've tried just using the icer tip but I end up getting crumbs in icing.
how many layers in each cake? I bake 2 cakes for each size and then torte each one in order to have 4 layers per cake. So each one has three fillings. You may want to look in the wilton cake book. It gives approx. amounts for frosting and fillings for each size. I make a little extra cause I hate running out and having to stop and make more. Hope this helps
I have used both bettercreme (or pastry pride, or whip n ice) and vanilla ice cream (soften enough to spread on like frosting). I then decorate borders, flowers any designs using buttercream. Just make sure to let cake freeze in between steps so it doesnt't melt on you before you decorate it.
I have iced dummy cakes with both royal icing and fondant and have interchanged both types of icing on each cake for decorations. Haven't had a problem using either one.
I have iced dummy cakes with both royal icing and fondant and have interchanged both types of icing on each cake for decorations. Haven't had a problem using either one.