Posts by clever_cakes311

Great, thank you!!! So I just need a box of plain white cake mix, and then replace water with champagne. Thanks so much, that sounds easy enough!
Awww come on...anyone????
Hey guys,In a pinch here and need an answer fast. I've noticed 3 different recipes on here for a champagne cake. Which is the best? One looks a lot harder than the other and I just don't know which is best. Has anyone tried these recipes or know of a good one? I need to make 24 cupcakes by tomorrow. Thanks!!!!Amy
No, she isn't paying for the tasting, I usually offer free consultations. KellyM, do you use one whole recipe for the mini cupcakes? (A recipe that would typically make one 9 in cake, or do you cut it down?)
Hi Everyone,I have a bride coming in next Saturday for a tasting. She has chosen 4 different cake flavors she would like to try. My question is, what is the best way to do this? When I was getting married and had my tasting, the baker somehow baked all of my flavors into one cake, they were split of course, but in between the layers she put the fillings we wanted to try. I thought this was a good idea so I tried it on a bride back in October. It was a disaster!!! I've...
As Ron White says...."You Can't Fix Stupid"I have a story for ya'll, and I know it isn't story time, but this will make you laugh. My husband is a police officer and used to work in the county jail before he went to police academy. Whenever the inmates receive mail, the officers are required to open it and read it to make sure they are not receiving any contraband or working on conspiracies against the officers. Well my husband opened a letter to an inmate from his...
I know exactly what you're going through. My mother is the same way. I baked a cake for Christmas and brought it for dessert and my mother's comment was "well I prefer icing that isn't so rich." Thing is, I made the icing with evaporated milk to give it a light, whipped texture so it wasn't so heavy. She always has something negative to say, just like your mother. If you ask me, who cares if the decorating is perfect, as long as it tastes good!?! Especially if it is a...
It's been a rough year for me so it's hard to say, but I am thankful for my husband, my home, my wonderful pug, and last night my husband and I found out we're expecting! So I'm thankful God chose me to have a such a wonderful blessing, I can't imagine anything better than the blessing of a wonderful family! I've only been married 9 months though, so this came as a bit of a surprise. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I used the recipe from allrecipes.com. The cake turned out great and didn't crack when I rolled it back up. I don't know if you have time to make another cake but if you do, then you may want to consider this recipe. Hope that helps!
Oh my gosh, my story tops them all. As many of you know, I recently had to make the decision to file disability. Now, I was once a government worker myself...and I know when someone calls a gov't office, it's usually to call and complain. I always used respect and was very nice to even the worst complainers! So I called the "800" general information number to social security to ask how the process is started. (Oh before I forget, I was instructed to do this by my attorney...