Posts by cakegrandma

I agree, the strips are a pain in the a$$ to me.
What a great cake! The decorations are so perfect and think you did wonderful work. I would love the recipe for your "cake" if you don't mind.
jamesay, your instructor is different then from what Wilton says to do. I have been told by our Wilton supervisor and at our yearly meetings that we are to make a recipe of the class buttercream during the first class. By doing so it allows the students to see the mixing, to show them it is not mixed just until it comes together. We have also been told to take about a cup out and insert a straight spatula in so they can mix it and see the different consistencies. To me...
Sad to see that the crab pot is alive and well on CC, but that's about par for the course.[/quote]I don't believe the op was stating anything except that being mass produced has taken away from his baking image. In fact I have seen many state that they thought his cakes were dry from the retail storefront but, his pastries were wonderful.I saw nothing in the post as being not nice but, you certainly seem to be stirring the pot. Let's all think before we perpetuate the...
Your best thing to do is to contact your Wilton Supervisor for information. Usually at the Open Houses nothing is demonstrated but it is nice to have something displayed.During the first class in course 1 you do ice a cake and you will make icing to show them the different consistencies. The purchased Wilton icing is used on the cookies and can not be used, in my opinion, to ice their cake for the following wee as the parchment paper with the transfer on it will stick to...
I have had Travelers Insurance since I lived in Ga. and still have it here in Florida. I pay less than $300.00 and I pay premiums every 3 months which works out well for me. You might want to contact them and see what they can do for you and instead of putting the policy on hold (if it can be done) and still paying for it seems rather a waste of money. If you have to pay for it I would leave it in effect but, that is just my opinion. Good luck on your upcoming wedding...
A "well said" to Evoir and all who offered points to look at, look for and to research. It was all given not as wishing you to fail information but rather in the spirit of wishing you to succeed.
I think that many on this site do not always remember that we are not "talking" face to face with one and another and therefore we are not able to hear if there is any sarcasm in the voice or if while talking with someone if there is a look of superiority on the face of the one speaking. I myself usually try to answer as to the point as I can and sometime it may be misconstrued as thinking what I say is "The Final Word". Many valid points were given to help the OP to...
I had gotten a 50# bag of yellow mix as a sample and I have a recipe that was posted on here (not sure who posted it) and it worked perfectly. I remember it was 3# of mix, water and oil. It worked beautifully and would do it again as my business is growing. I think you will be happy if you do get the 50#'s and you can store it in either a 50 pound food safe container or a couple of 25 # ones from a restaurant supply.
I have the mini, regular and king size cupcake tins and have no problems with papers. In the regulars size pans I use the paper liners that are 2' x 1 3/4" tall. These give a taller cupcake rather than the not so tall regular sized papers that is usually used by "mom" to make children's cupcakes. I order my papers from Charming Creations, charmingcreations.com. Good luck!