Posts by cakegrandma

My first thought is; anyway to return the pans?  If not what you can do is take a measuring cup and a 2" high pan, if you have any, and pour water into it to come up about 3/4 of the way. Keep track of how much was poured in and that is how much batter you will pour into the 4" pans.  No heating core or upside down flour nail.  Good Luck to you!!! 
I don't understand how you can sit and gripe about us recommending the Agbay. I know I can not do leveling with a knife, so how difficult is that for you to wrap your brain around.  I don't know what I do however, I can not do it.  You are probably more professional, experienced, although I have been caking since 2006.  I don't feel that it is your duty to call us that do recommend it and write the somewhat scathing review or replies.  Please be more tolerable of how we...
I also have ruined many cakes using the knife, toothpick and Wilton leveler. I decided to just get the Agbay instead of wishing I had one and I will say I have never regretted it. You can always buy a new mixer when they go on sale but I too consider my Agbay a necessary piece of equipment. Sure is a lot better than trying to match up the hills and valleys that have been made with a knife. In fact yesterday I tried a new recipe and torted both layers, with a knife, cause I...
I mix my gel colors with alcohol (vodka) and make sure my brush is not dripping wet. I then paint it onto the RI items I want. You need to be sure your brush is not dripping with the color as I said and you may find it better to do 2 light coats in order to get the desired color or value of that color.
Google Harry the bunny and you will get many thing you can see on u-tube.  Maybe you can get some ideas from one of them.  You can also bring up dolls of him also.  Good luck.
I prefer to used the waxed boards myself due to the other boards becoming flimsy at some time or another.  My main reason for writing a reply is to state that a cake should never be transported on a car seat. As you have already found out they can shift and although your cake shifted back it is not a given that they will and be fine.  Move your front seat back as far as it will go and transport your cake on the floor. I found using the weaved shelf liner keeps everything...
A couple of years ago as a Wilton Instructor we had to give a Gingerbread House demo and the kit had the new fondant in it.. Although it wasn't touted as their possible new fondant it was in the kit.  I thought it was horrible! To me it was like Duff's fondant which I believe is a fondant and candy clay mixture. Let me say, I was not and am not impressed with it. I am one who will not purchase this fondant and use it in any way. Sorry for an unfavorable review but, being...
You stated that you didn't use shortening? Why? I think shortening helps keep everything together better than just all butter and with all butter perhaps the high temp being suggested had something to do with the crumb. To me butter whips light and fluffy and maybe the high temp broke the butter down.  Not sure however try following the recipe as written as the cake is delicious and bake it at 325 until done.  Good Luck.
Cheating runs pretty rampant, just check out Medicare theft amongst untrustworthy doctors. Food stamps like Medicare is wide spread and I don't want to get into families that have so many children and their young children also have babies and they get major $$$$$ of stamps.  Back on track though, I remember when Food Stamps went from Chits (receipts that showed the change from a transaction and they could use the slip later) to money allowed to be given as change. In the...
Looking at the photo so you can understand which one I am talking about..... The tall one on the left stands on its own 4 tall legs that screw in.  The other 2, the taller of the 2 has a leg that screws into the shorter holder. I have 2 of these stand and I love them!!! I think you will be happy with it.