Posts by cakegrandma

I too would just get another sturdier table when I got to the venue and as quoted take photos.  I would even be sure I got photos of the underneath legs/base that I set the cake on. If it does get moved an something happens then if I found out the table or space was different then I would be sure not give any refund for any reason. 
I've never made a fruitcake however, cakes usually will fall in the center as they are not done there.  If you remake your cake use 2 metal flower nails and after you have all your batter in the pan, insert each one upside down (point sticking up) and just wiggle them until you feel that they are stable.  Then cook as you normally do.  The upside down flower nails act as a heat conductor and will help the center areas bake as the sides do.  Any cake over 8" needs something...
If you are making the Wilton recipe is it with butter or shortening?  Either one will get hard in the fridge however, when it comes back to room temp it should not change in taste.  If you make the recipe and use either water or milk the ratio of confectioners sugar to the milk will allow it to stay out of the fridge.  If I want a really rich icing then I use heavy cream otherwise all my cakes etc. stay on the counter til delivery. Another thing, when you make the icing...
Sorry but I am not sure if I can help you or not.  I use Wilton couplers and never had any problems with Ateco working on them.  There are only 2 sizes of couplers and the regular tips should fit. I always use vistaprint.com and they do a great job.  You can design you own cards and they are reasonable if you get the printing on one side only.  Give them a try.
Every 2 layers should have a cake board between them and since this is not a large heavy cake you really did not need dowels.  When you ice the cake set it in the fridge just long enough for the icing to harden up, it does not need to be frozen. If you freeze it and when it thaws the fondant can slide down and another reason for it slide is the fact there was nothing between the layers,  You can put the completed cake in the fridge, just don't touch it until it gets to...
I took lessons from Nick Lodge when I was in Atlanta and when he is going to roll a small amount of fond or gum paste he uses corn starch with a light hand.  If you are going to roll a large amount, to cover a cake, if you don't own a mat, you can put a very light amount of shortening on your counter. By a light coat I mean just so it looks like a sheen. Your fondant will roll out so much more easily.  Let us see your cake please, post a photo.
You're so welcome.  Did you return the pans or measure.
You can use glycerin and it does the same thing however, my personal is using a little shortening. When I use fondant, 50/50 or gum paste I have a small plastic container filled with shortening near me. I use this so as I am dipping fingertips into it I will not contaminate the large container I use for baking. Use what you prefer, no rule that you have to use a particular one.  No on will knock on your door to check what you are using.
If you are making your own fondant then you would add the amount listed in the recipe. If using ready made fondant you can lightly coat your hands (I emphasize lightly)  with a little shortening, just roll and stretch the fondant a little.  This puts the shortening on and into the fondant making it smoother.  Be sure to roll leftover fondant or 50/50 into a log and coat with shortening, roll with a couple layers of plastic wrap and store in a zip lock bag, squishing the...
Just a quick reminder about Tuesday Morning having the 6 Qt mixer on sale.  I love mine!