Posts by cakegrandma

When you use the heating core do you put the cake that has baked in the core back into the hole that it came out of with some icing on it? I find it much easier to use the rose nail upside down and you do not have a large hole that the heating core leaves. When you use the rose nail (or flower nail, whatever you call it) it is very simple to fill the shallow indentation up with icing. Try it and I think you will be happier with it than the heating core. Let us know how...
I would place a cooling rack against the top of the cake to flip it once again, place some icing on my cake board and line the board up as even as I can with the cake and lay the board on the cake. Proceed to flip the cake over with the board held securely and holding the rack along with the cake so it does not slide, this holds everything in place and the cake does not crack. You can put the cake into the freezer until it is well chilled but not frozen, this makes it...
I use spray that I get at the restaurant supply stores and I always have used parchment circles in the bottoms of my pans. You can order them from cake art 77 . com (put them all together) in the 8,9 and 10" sizes in 100 quantity packages and they will ship them to you. I really don't care for waxed paper too much, even though you prepare it, to me it often allows the cake to stick to it.evelyn
Have you checked on abe.com? I have not gone out there to check on this particular book, however, they have so many books that are out of print. Their prices are great also and this is normally where I buy my books. Good luck with locating one that is in the right price!!! evelyn
Have you checked on abe.com? I have not gone out there to check on this particular book, however, they have so many books that are out of print. Their prices are great also and this is normally where I buy my books. Good luck with locating one that is in the right price!!! evelyn
I buy in larger amounts and Ihave packed it in plastic containers and kept it in my freezer. I don't package it in the cup or 2 cup amounts but, I do thaw about 3 pounds at a time and use it. I have never had any problems with it and it makes more sense to purchase the larger size in order to save money. Hopefully you have an extra freezer to store it in and if so, buy, buy, buy! This way you always have it on hand evelyn
I buy in larger amounts and Ihave packed it in plastic containers and kept it in my freezer. I don't package it in the cup or 2 cup amounts but, I do thaw about 3 pounds at a time and use it. I have never had any problems with it and it makes more sense to purchase the larger size in order to save money. Hopefully you have an extra freezer to store it in and if so, buy, buy, buy! This way you always have it on hand evelyn
I would definitely have her pay for her cake "WELL" in advance and in cash. I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, the bride kept changing all the flavors of her cheesecakes and design. It was 2 days prior to the wedding before I got paid. I knew I would get my money however, it was nerve wracking trying to get it with all the changes. I would not schedule a tasting for her again, that is just me. After 2 times of No Show I'd say forget about it.. evelyn
I would definitely have her pay for her cake "WELL" in advance and in cash. I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, the bride kept changing all the flavors of her cheesecakes and design. It was 2 days prior to the wedding before I got paid. I knew I would get my money however, it was nerve wracking trying to get it with all the changes. I would not schedule a tasting for her again, that is just me. After 2 times of No Show I'd say forget about it.. evelyn