Posts by cakegrandma

The recipe that has been listed is good and I also use the wacky cake one is really good.  I sub out 1/4 cup of water for some espresso,  adds a lot of extra flavor.  As far as no dairy butter you have to watch it because most of the margarine's contain a milk by product, most generally caseanate (sp?).  The one I found that does not is the squeeze Parkay in the blue bottle.  As far as icing is concerned, use hi-ratio shortening and make the icing with some water instead...
Your cake turned out beautiful! In the future I would have everyone sign contracts and I would also have cakes paid for at least 2 weeks in advance.  If she should happen to inquire as to why she is being asked to sign a contract now I would just tell her that someone has stated they would pay upon delivery and you could not collect the balance due.  She doesn't need to know what why you are actually changing your rules.  Good luck in the future with her orders and your...
Edited to add: I should have said "madam, your IQ is not my problem."   At that pint I think I would have wondered if their IQ was either their shoe size or room temperature.
I think this girl needs to grow up, put her big girl panties on and take charge of this. If she can't afford all the ingredients then she has no business wanting to get pizza for everyone, discount or not.  She thinks that a discount is obligwted to be given to her and those that do, do it out of the goodness of their heart.  I would not go out and buy what is needed as you do not know if you will be paid for your expenditures and even if they say they will, maybe they...
I bake my cupcakes for 7 minutes on 375 and then I reduce the temperature to 350 to bake them until done.  Before I place another tray in I turn the temp back to 375 and let the oven signal that it has gotten that hot and I start the same procedure all over.  As far as getting taller cupcakes go the globalsugart.com and the have standard, king jumbo and super jumbo cupcake liners.  Good luck!
Salt enhances the flavor in so many things and this could be your culprit.  I always melt my salt amount in about 2 T of very warm water and let it sit as I am making my icing. It will be dissolved when it comes time to add your liquid and you should not have any problems with dot of light color.
Delete it right away.  You are not deleting just things that favorable toward you and your product, you just have a jacka$$ that thought the comment was funny.  Like IAmPam states this can lead into more foolish comments and then it would be more difficult to get them out of sight of others.
I forgot to add that the prices you charge now really do not help cover costs as you advertise using heavy cream and butter.  Making those luscious fillings has to cut into your profit margin and they do sounds great, my mouth was watering.
It seems to me that raising your prices is not going to hurt you anyway.  I mean, you aren't getting any business anyway so why not try it.  At least if you do, then your clientele will not balk at a price change after you get open.  I agree that when you undercut pricing ( like $2.00 a slice) that people consider that your price is 10.00 higher than the stores like Sam's or Walmart so why not go with one of them. After all, it is cheaper, in more ways than one, even...
Anytime you refrigerate your cake and put fondant over the top it will get condensation.  Using swiss meringue it is going to be harder to get those good crisp angles.  Have you tried no applying so much icing underneath the fondant to see how that will work? Normally you apply a small amount more than a crumb coat in order to have the fondant stick.  You would have the same problems with American buttercream, you would not get crisp corners and top edge if you apply too...