Posts by cakegrandma

lovelycakes1234, You can put a fondant covered cake in the fridge if you like.  When you take it out, let it set on the counter until all the condensation is gone.  Don't try to wipe it with anything or touch it as all marks will stay on there from fingers.  It will work just fine.
Read down on the advertisement and you will see some variations  listed.
I have found that donating cakes, cupcakes or whatever does not mean more business. In the beginning I tried to get my name out there so I donated to everything.  I also provide 15 dozen decorated cupcakes of various flavors to a large dinner for Hospice. Hospice is one of my personal favorites so I was glad to give and I thought since so many were to attend I surely would get some business from it. I was told to give my business cards out with the cupcakes, which I did...
I hope you will share your chocolate chestnut cake recipe. It sound absolutely delicious.
Do you only have one shelf, not sure what you are meaning in I only have so much room.  Utilize the shelves you do have and if you need to you can move trays and swap positions of the trays. You can keep the meringue batter out however, rewhip before you use them for more trays.  Good luck!
I bake my cupcakes at 375 for 7 minutes and then turn the temp down to 350 and let them finish baking.  I then let the oven reheat to 375 after the cupcakes come out.  This works very well for me.
A lot of my customers buy a larger cake than they need, so they can have left overs.  I have let them know to cut the left over cake into serving size and put the slices into the freezer until they firm up.  Then they can wrap in plastic wrap and put them into an air proof container, like Tupperware. When they want some dessert or a midnight treat they can get a slice out and let it thaw.  Doesn't take long.  Keep your leftovers in a container and when you have enough you...
Although I have a couple of cakes that are hit or miss they are not what I want to talk about. Your tale of what you go through, it was fabulous reading even though you are presented with so many  little cake elves that are determined to make this a failure.  Think of it this way, if you never have victory over this cake and want a new vocation, writing.  You held everyone's attention.  It was like a mystery, and waiting to turn the page to see what was going to happen...
I am so glad you and enjoyed it and also that I could help you!
Here is the formula for the mixes:   Keep in mind that these are weighed and not in volume 3 Box Batch 3 lb cake mix 12 oz water Weight both ingredients into the mixer and mix 3 minutes at slow speed and scrape down the sides   Add; 10 oz water   Add water as mixer is on slow speed until smooth, about 1 minute and scrape down the sides and bottom. Mix 2 minutes at medium speed   Add; 10 oz water 6 oz Vegetable oil   Add water and oil in mixer at slow...