Posts by chqtpi

Ok, This may be a bit off topic, and I apologize if I am out of turn, but I have a BIG problem. I am helping a friend out by doing a cake for her while she is out of town. It involves using sugarveil. I think it is amazing btw. Well, I was told after taking the icing out of the mold, to put it on wax paper. Everything was going fine...until I went to peel it off the wax paper, and it is sticking like mad. I have 8 of the 16 pieces under a fan and two more in an oven with...
I also put them in a washed out mayo jar, add a little dawn and a little hot water and shake it until the water is "colored". Replace the water a few times until its basically clear, and then rinse them individually. It takes most of the icing out of the tips, and you avoid the eons of time using the tiny little brush. 
Any Washington State baker?! please help if possible!! I was going to fly out and make it for my best friends daughter but I am no longer able to!! They dont need anything huge or extravagant...just enough for 20-25 people with a damask pattern on the sides!Please please please let me know if you can help!!! They would need it for the 26th!Thanks!!
Anyone live near Yelm or Olympia, Washington that would be able to do a cake around February?Please let me knoe!Thanks in Advance!
My Wilton Cake pans, (2 six inch, 2 eight inch, and 2 ten inch) were washed in the dishwasher with Cascade with bleach and now look horrible!! The shiny finish is gone and is replaced by this chalky, filmy looking (although there is no residue feel), finish. I tried rewashing with regular soap and water and nothing! Are they ruined, or is there anything I can do? With regular cascade, ive washed them a million times, but something about this new bleach formula screwed...
My Wilton Cake pans, (2 six inch, 2 eight inch, and 2 ten inch) were washed in the dishwasher with Cascade with bleach and now look horrible!! The shiny finish is gone and is replaced by this chalky, filmy looking (although there is no residue feel), finish. I tried rewashing with regular soap and water and nothing! Are they ruined, or is there anything I can do? With regular cascade, ive washed them a million times, but something about this new bleach formula screwed...
Im in Cayuga county and you are allowed to sell items out of your house, but there are restrictions. only baked goods, jellies, jams, sauces, single crust pies, no double crust (why i have NO idea), that kind of thing, but like someone else said, nothing that has to be refrigerated. There are also quite a few Amish/Menonite stores around here with items prepared in their home kitchens, I'm not quite sure how they get around that, quite honestly.
lol...DreamWhip has no worries..I bought 8 boxes the other day....
I have a bride with an unusual request. She liked all 4 flavors that I made for her tasting, so she wants them all incorporated in a 4 tier cake...to feed 60...so...some suggestions on what sized to use.Please keep in mind these are tiers with two layers of cake and a filling.any and all suggestions would be appreciated.thanks in advance!
I have a bride with an unusual request. She liked all 4 flavors that I made for her tasting, so she wants them all incorporated in a 4 tier cake...to feed 60...so...some suggestions on what sized to use.Please keep in mind these are tiers with two layers of cake and a filling.any and all suggestions would be appreciated.thanks in advance!