Posts by leightorres

Bump?
Hey all!I would like to throw a Harry Potter themed party in a few weeks for a friend and I have been looking for a snake mold so I can make little snake jelly candies, and I can NOT find one! It's sort of blowing my mind. They have little gecko ones, and lots of worm ones, but no snakes. Do any of you lovely folks happen to know where I can get one? Thank you so much in advance!-Melissa
I recently made a buttercream from Organic and Chic that I added strawberry to:I left out the rosewater and halved the vanilla. I took strawberries the night before I made the frosting, cut them, tossed them in a little sugar water, and then put them in a covered bowl in the fridge. The next morning I dumped the excess liquid, took the berries, pureed them, strained the seeds and then added some little by little to the frosting until I got the consistency and flavor that...
In NY you can go to NY Cake, they are jerky there but its a small local business and they do in store demonstrations. N.Y. Cake & Baking Dist.56 West 22nd StreetBetween 5th & 6th AvenuesNY, NY 10021TEL: (212)675-CAKEStore HoursMonday - Saturday 10:00 - 6:00 pmClosed on Sundays
Well you can always have the top tier be real, and they cut that, and then the rest of the tiers are dummy. I think a lot of people do that. Then they have something to cut on the cake!
Thanks guys! I think you're right...in the inspiration image my friend gave me there was a red border AND a rope border, but I think I would have been better off just leaving the red border off, it really looks very "meh". Maybe if I have time after work I can add very thin rope borders to the red somehow?Also thanks for the ideas, you're right that unless I take everything off, which I wish I had the time to do but don't, I will just have to deal with a messed up spot. ...
Yeah seems to me she probably just printed out pictures of the images, cut apart the pics to use as a template and then used that to cut around for the face, hair, etc. Then just good old artistic talent and a steady hand to draw the faces with markers. That's exactly what I did herehttp://www.cakehero.com/2009/08/zebra-cake.htmland herehttp://www.cakehero.com/2009/06/new-jersey-cake.htmlSome with better results than others! Haha.
I agree with everyone that it can be done if you plan ahead and do as much as possible before the actual day. I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding, and also made four cakes with four different pink berry tinted frostings, to mach the different pinks of the bridesmaids dresses.Way in advance I made all the flowers and put them aside.The weekend before I baked all the cakes and froze them (they had to be transported to a resort in upstate NY (I am located in Brooklyn...
Haha ok, I added the pic to my album because I could not figure out how to make it work here, I add the picture but it never shows up! I love cake central but sometimes I don't think it's very user friendly. : /
I hope? Having a hard time adding a pic for some reason...