Posts by giland

Thanks for the advice and help. Cake Central Users are the Best! The cookie lolipops worked great in my cake!http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1540858.html
Really liked the look of a cake I saw here on cake central and want to modify it for my daughter's 2nd birthday in a few weeks combining some ideas from other cakes I saw here. I am really comfortable with cookies and wanted to know if I could recreate the effects seen in this cake by sticking cookie lollipops in for the airplanes and helicopter similar to this cake. I can't imagine the cake supporting the weight of the cookie and it holding in place. Any advice would...
Thanks so much for the advice. Especially to also add the brown coloring.. I can't wait to taste these.
I have been using Toba's Glace and love it but I am about to make a whole bunch of football NFS cookies for my son's class football party and I thought I would rather make a chocolate glace then a chocolate colored glace. I have not been able to find a recipe for this. Does anyone have one they use?
I take awful pictures of my cookies. I am not a great photographer and I don't expect anyone to be able to fix that completely but I do have to believe that those of you who take beautiful pictures of your cookies have a few tips that could help improve my pictures. I don't need pictures of my cookies to grow a business as I never plan to sell my cookies, but I would like to not be embarrassed by the pictures I post for fellow cc'ers and it would be nice to have some...
It is a hard balance to find between praise and critique. I am a newbie and an amateur and I have only posted a handful of pictures. I am not posting because I think my work is praise worthy but because I have benefited so much from other people posting pictures that I was able to imitate and I want someone else who is looking to make a similar cake or cookie to see mine and use it to help develop their own project or for another amateur newbie to be encouraged that I...
I am a novice cake baker and my son wants a shark cake for his birthday. I have seen reference online that suggests you can turn the wilton megasaurus pan into a shark and that this was demonstrated in the 2001 yearbook. I don't have the book but I did see online that there is a listing for a cake in it called "caught in the food chain" that indicates it uses the megasuarus pan. Last year for my son's 3rd birthday I made him a t-rex using the megasaurus pan so I...
If you were there recently, perhaps you can find it in your browsers history link for that day.
I finally made GeminiRJ's posted recipe for the peanut butter cookies and I am so glad I did. They taste wonderful. The dough is REALLY soft. I wanted to make spring flowers but heeded the advice and just used a scalloped cutter that I could turn into a simple flower. I used a trick I read somewhere before and had great success. I have flat cookie sheets without a lip. I put the parchment paper on the cookie sheets and then rolled the dough right on the parchment...
Thanks for the warnings about the dough. I was thinking of trying it with my son but when I read the warnings I switched to my standby cream cheese roll out dough for the cookies I made with him (that one is perfect for children) and I will save the peanut butter cookies to one night this weekend when I don't have any "helpers." I am assuming since you both go through the extra steps to deal with the soft dough that the end result , in terms of flavor, is worth the extra...