Posts by seven

cupcake13....I am in brookfield, near the zoo!!she FINALLY came and gave me a few extra bucks big woop!! at least she is out of my hair!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks guys, always good to here that others go thru the same things!!
iTS HALLOWEEN SO ONE WOULD THINK THAT A CAKE DECORATOR MIGHT BE BUSY RUNNING AROUND DROPPING OFF ORDERS......AS I WOULD BE.THIS JERK OF A LADY SAYS SHE'LL BE HERE AT 10 THIS MORNING TO GET HER ORDER. 10.....NO SHOW. SHE CALLS AT 11:15 AND SAYS SHE IS RUNNING LATE. I TELL HER I HAVE TO DROP AN ORDER OFF IN 20 MINUTES. SHE SAYS SHE LL BE HERE IN TEN.ITS NOW NOON AND I JUST CALLED HER ( SHE STILL HAS NOT SHOWN UP) AND ASKED HER IF SHE WAS COMING....SHE TELLS ME SHE IS IN...
it shouldn't happen if you add more water. i make mine with the same things you do. I add water and mix in the KA til it is very fluffy (alsmost like whip cream and i have never had a problem with cracking.....so dont be afraid to add more water!
i think peopleare scared of fondant and i dont know why! it is so much fun!! i get my fondant from satin ice and i think it is pretty good. i have seen ALOT of people on this site us marshmellow fondant which you can make (check recipies more MMF) i have not used this yet. cover your cake with a layer of whatever frosting you use, roll out fondant (good to have a mat of some sort) place mat with fondant on top of the cake, make sure its center and peel the fondant...
great!! good to know! thanks guys!
Anyone?? Help!!
can you freeze a fully decorated (in buttercream) cake? and if yes....how do you freeze it without damaging the decorations?? thanks!
b/c of the gumpaste flowers I dont think 40 is too much. the cake looks great!
dowels will help....was the cake cool enough? sometimes it will fall apart if its not cool enough.
you are off to a good start!! yes if you post pictures in galleries you will get comments as well. I believe there is a setting where you can be notified of comments at your personal email address!