Posts by mandice

i understand the whole waiting for the bubbles to set, but do you guys not mix it before using it? it's such a habit for me to give any icing a good mix before i use it.. i'm using a pin and that doesnt seem to work all that well
sorry i hijack this, but i figure my question is kinda relevant i use the bake strips and the nail too and but sometimes i find on my bigger cakes (10inch and up) i still struggle a little.i take the strips off about 40 mins into baking because the last time i left it on for the entire time, it took wayyyyyyyyy too long to finish. and i rotate every 15 minutes.does anyone else do this too? or is it just my uber old oven that screws me up? seems to work okay this way for my...
i agree with luvbuttercream, i find that the Mac's froster straws are almost the same as the bubble tea straws. and they're free! and much longer than regular bbt straws however, there's an asian grocery chain called T&T, i'm pretty sure there are some all across Canada, and they (or at least the 2 that i've frequented) carry the bubbletea straws and i cant help but feel they cost less than $3. it's been a while since i bought any but i remember being pleasantly surprised...
thank you for all your advice and encouragement - you guys really are the best. this has been my worst nightmare come true. i read about the other cake disasters in hopes that i would be able to save myself if i were ever in that situation and keep hoping that it won't happen to me, and unfortunately it has and i drew blanks about how to go about it. i mean, even after reading everyone's responses my head is still a complete mess about it, but as I want to get this over...
i use the DH lemon and everyone seems to like it. I make it a la WASC, but with no almond, and for the liquid i use half lemon puree and half water. comes out nice and tart and no one knows that it originated from a box
Hey all,Here's my cake disaster story. I've been stressing about it all weekend and I realized I should've come here in the first place for advice.A friend of mine, R, (who works for a wedding magazine) had referred me to one of her friends for a wedding cake. She had told me her budget was only $250 and feed 200 and initially I didn't want to do it because it's not worth it, but i figured, whatever, I'll take the loss because it's for a good friend of my friend and it'll...
i've been doing these too, except instead of cutting out each letter individually, i just cut all the letters together, stick it in the freezer, and when it's chilled enough, just take off the excess cookie (the chilling helps for the little pieces from the letters with the holes)
you guys crack me up sparkleberry sounds delightful!!!lollove it!can't wait to hear what he replies with.. if at all
i'm slowly breaching the dark side too!! i made cookies for valentines and now i'm trying to find any opportunity i can to make cookies HOWEVER.... NFSC? Failed. TWICE. and, not to be too cocky, i'm the kinda person that gets it right the second time around after a major fail. no such luck here. third time, came out really well however i still have issues with it and maybe you guys can help me with troubleshooting? the first fail was because there was way too much flour....
i am definitely interested too!as long as it works with my work sched, i can travelyay exciting!!!