Posts by Cakesbykaye

=====================I'm wanting to place an order from them for Americolor gels....I'm going to get about 8 of the .75 oz bottles and about 6 of the 4.5 oz bottles and 1 of the 13.5 oz bottles.... I already added them to my cart and With the discount it comes to $33.34 (pretty awesome Price!!!)They are in Florida and I'm in Ky.... any idea what u think it might cost me for shipping approximately?? Was mainly wondering am I looking in the shipping price range of say...
=====================I'm wanting to place an order from them for Americolor gels....I'm going to get about 8 of the .75 oz bottles and about 6 of the 4.5 oz bottles and 1 of the 13.5 oz bottles.... They are in Florida and I'm in Ky....any idea what u think it might cost me for shipping approximately??was mainly wondering am I looking in the range of say $10+ , $20+ or more or less.... just a ball park figure would be helpful...
I have a customer... who is getting a cake for his mother...this is for celebrating the day when she got saved years ago.All he has said that he wants is a CAKE shaped like a CROSS...with a Lady kneeling and praying on it... ???Maybe its because It is so late...but I am Tired...and my mind is BLANK lol.I need ideas.... How can i pull this together?If I were doing a sheet cake...I would make a cross from Fondant...then a lady from fondant...and have them both on top of the...
We are planning a party for my daughters Sweet 16 in September...so we need ideas.I've looked at alot of cake pictures already...I know she wants a Tiered Cake...and some fondant figures made to look like her and a few of her friends....probably sitting on the edges of the Tiers.... She loves Stripes and polka dots as well....other than that....we're open to any and all ideas!She wants a HUGE cake...something to really "WOW" all her friends lol.We also plan to do a Car...
Awolf24.....That is how I usually do it too...CakefillingCakeI just wanted to see if that is what most of you did too...I didn't want people to slice into my cake and think there was to much cake and not enough icing... (i personally don't like alot of icing anyways)...
I have done ALOT of Tiered/Stacked cakes... but I am just wondering how all of you do your cakes...For Example...if you are doing a 3 Tiered Cake...with Buttercreme only...If the cakes are 2" high cake pans ...do you have 2 of those for Each Tier...to make it 4" high?If so do you only put your icing between the 2 cakes...or do youalso layer each of the 2 cakes and put icing in between each layer?Also...if you use 3" high cake pans...how do you do those?(sorry if this...
I have had someone request that I make a 3 tier wedding cake...Heart shaped tiers...I have used the fountain with the cascade attatchments many times...but they are always UNDER the bottom tier...or sitting out front of the wedding cakes....But I have someone who wants the fountain to sit on top of the large bottom Cake...then the columns supporting 2 more tiers....I could really use some info/advice on this....Can it be done? What size cakes/plates/columns will I need?Any...
Hi.I just did a Cake Order for a Luau this weekend.There was alot more I would have LOVED to did to the cake...but this is what was ordered...she just described what she wanted...so that is just what i did!I think Fondant Flowers would have been sooo much prettier...but they only wanted a few things made from fondant... and the rest from buttercreme, due to taste!but I thought I'd share my cake to give you some ideas!if you want me to email some upclose pictures , just let...
Rich's Bettercream is a commercial product.///The only place I know where to get it is Sams club. It comes in a 5 gal bucket and costs about $18.00 at our Sams.----------------------------Hi...I was reading the posts about this icing...and I buy alot of my icing from Sams club ...I looked on my bucket (its 28Lbs and it says WalMart Sams club White Spred-'N-Fill But-R-Creme)I am wondering...is this the SAME Icing as mentioned that I quoted above? also sometimes I buy my Red...
I really appreciate all the replies... the pics are GREAT!!! I've saved several and will print them off to look at and see what I can come up with...I will continue to check this thread on the board to see if anyone else posts anymore ideas.When I get all my cupcakes done I will have to post pictures to show everyone... I love doing Kiddy characters...they are so much fun... I LOVE CAKE CENTRAL!!!!!!!!!!!! I get most of my inspiration and Cake Ideas from all...