Posts by sardog57wife

Thanks ladies, I decided not to try it out, I was to into the MMF and Royal Icing this weekend Stephanie W.
I have made so many cakes from the CMD and the CCMD books it's not funny!! I just got the Dinner Doctor as well, my favorite pound cake recipe is in the Dinner Doctor. I just have to get the cupcake doctor and I have all the recipes. I even joined the message boards for CMD to get more doctoring tips.Every cake I have ever made has received rave reviews, and the funny thing is everyone thinks I made the cakes from scratch!!! Right now my favorite recipe is the Best...
I'm a bit integued by the rolled buttercream. Does it taste like the traditional buttercream or is it a mix between buttercream and fondant? Thanks for any help!!Stephanie W.
I would use the cocoa powder. That is what I normally use when doing the chocolate bc for my decorating. My Wilton instructor gave me a hint in getting the powder to mix in a bit better, melt some of the shortening with the powder and then incorporate that in the icing that way. If you do choose something other than the cocoa powder, you will want to use an unsweetened chocolate. I have been in a pinch with no cocoa powder and I used the unsweetened chocolate squares,...
AWESOME!! Thanks for the help. I remember my instructor saying to get a cheap sheet of plywood to use as a sturdy base for the cake, so I plan on getting that this weekend and cutting it to size.I hope this works, it's my first big cake..............i'm contimplating whether to attempt the rolled buttercream or just stick with the traditional buttercream that I know how to work with. I don't think this would be the time to be experimenting huh? Thanks again for your...
I am donating a cake for a silent auction next week. I was thinking along the lines of a stacked tier cake. I have only done one tier cake and that was Wilton Course III and i'm not fixin to use the separator plates and all that jazz. My question comes in at this...........from what I have gathered from reading tutorials on this, I will put each layer on it's own circle (6, 8 and 10), insert dowl rods in each cake as well as a sharpened rod down the center of the cake. ...
I was just given the Kitchen Aid Professional 600 series, 575 watts, bowl lift mixer by my boss and another co-worker. They purchsed it on Ebay and it came to right around $300. I received the pouring shields and 3 mixing hooks, it also came with a rebate for a free attachment, either the ice cream or pasta maker. I previously used a cheapie stand mixer from Wally World ($30.00) and that worked well, but I have been getting a few orders for cakes lately and my boss is...
I'm so glad you asked that, i've been thinking about that for the past week!! I made the marshmallow fondant this weekend and tried it on a small cake and it turned out great, but I know I didn't roll it thing enough. Stephanie W.