Posts by cake2decorate

That would all depend on the type of shop that you operate? If you are working from a shop that has been state inspected and approved then- yes; you are a business and should charge the going rate for your product. Most professional fondant cakes start at $4 and depending on the amount of detail work, prices could go as much as $8.
Oh my... what a situation! I would probably decline, unless she will let you put a sign out beside the cake which says "Grooms cake provided by XXX Bakery". I think people will might be confused and think you did the wedding cake too? I always tell the couple in the consultation that I am "giving them a break" on the grooms cake if they purchase the wedding cake to avoid this situation. Good luck!
Oh my... what a situation! I would probably decline, unless she will let you put a sign out beside the cake which says "Grooms cake provided by XXX Bakery". I think people will might be confused and think you did the wedding cake too? I always tell the couple in the consultation that I am "giving them a break" on the grooms cake if they purchase the wedding cake to avoid this situation. Good luck!
Have you tried putting a small amount of icing in your bag? I seem to have better control this way.
LadivacrjWow, just beautiful!!
The first I ever made were flower shaped petit fours, with layers of buttercream/strawberry jam/buttercream in the middle, then glazed with heated strawberry jelly and frozen. Icing was poured twice over each one and the sides covered with chopped nuts. Everyone loved them, but What a pain-those angles were dreadful, stick with a square shape... it is much easier to work with. Any way you go these are very labor intensive!
Good Luck!!
Wow! Please post for us to see...
Check out these camping cakes: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search&type=full&search=camping
I put the tips/couplers in those little mesh bags and run them thought the dishwasher. I wash all of my bags by hand with Dawn liquid after rinsing them well with hot water.